A Georgetown College education creates a foundation for success in a variety of professional roles in law firms; public policy research and advocacy; federal, state, and local government; and nonprofit organizations. Participants in Georgetown College’s Pre-law Program of Distinction (Law, Policy, and Public Service) will have the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in their chosen professional aspirations.
For due dates and a list of other programs of distinction, click here.
Students in the Pre-Law Program of Distinction come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences and choose a variety of college majors.
The Pre-Law program at Georgetown College will give you access to knowledgeable and caring advisors. The guidance provided by these extraordinary individuals helped me assemble a competitive application.
Keaston Hall, Georgetown College Class of 2017, Emory Law School Class of 2020
Students in the pre-law program:
- Receive individual advising from the Pre-Law Program Director:
- Through every step of their undergraduate journey.
- During the application process for law and graduate school or the workforce.
- In the transition to school or work.
- Take courses focused on developing the knowledge and skills that position them for success:
- Enjoy mentorship and internship opportunities and build professional networks.
- Have potential access to Mock Trial and Model United Nations experiences and a trip to Washington D.C.
- Attend workshops about the legal profession.
"Attending Georgetown College was the best thing that I could have done to prepare for law school. At Georgetown, you are challenged to develop analytical reasoning, problem solving, and critical thinking skills that are vital to success at the next level."
Adam Wetherington, Georgetown College Class of 2013
Applications & Questions
To apply to this program, please complete the application: click here.
"When I found out that I had been accepted to my top choice law school, the first phone call I made was to my advisor. Yes, I called my professor in celebration before calling my own parents. The faculty at Georgetown just makes you feel like family."
Kathryn Wilhoit, 2017
100% of our pre-law graduates in the last five years have attended law school!
Along with many valuable political science courses, pre-law students will also be able to take Business Law, Theories of Economic Justice, and many other valuable cross-disciplinary courses, ensuring that they are fully prepared for law school or any other career!
One recent graduate went to Georgetown University, and is now the Assistant Attorney General at the Office of the Attorney General for the District of Columbia!