DO YOU WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE LIVES OF THE NEXT GENERATION?
Georgetown College is pleased to offer a new program for those interested in entering the teaching field. The TLC Program of Distinction prepares students to enter the field of education with a deeper understanding of how teaching, leading, and coaching intersect, preparing them for roles in teacher leadership.
AS A MEMBER OF THE TEACHING, LEADING, AND COACHING PROGRAM YOU can expect:
- $1,000 scholarship per year for those who are eligible.
- Designation at graduation.
- Guaranteed mentorship opportunities with established practitioners in education.
- Invitations to special guest speaker events in the Teaching and Coaching fields.
- Preparation for Georgetown College's exceptional Master's programs in Education.
- Opportunities for teacher leadership while still in college.
- Annual educational conference trip opportunities, and the possibility of presenting during final year.
- Accelerated Master's Degree! Students in TLC that meet all requirements can take up to 12 hours of graduate level dual-credit courses during their senior year at no extra cost, putting them well on their way to their next degree!
TLC Scholarship Requirements
- 3.0 GPA
- Preferred ACT of at least a 23 or the equivalent for those entering with a test score.
- Completed application, including a brief letter describing the student's rationale for entering the teaching field and what they hope to gain from this program. Click the link above to apply now!
- A GPA of 2.75 must be maintained throughout program.
- No dispositional infractions throughout program.
- Participation in TLC events
Still not convinced?
Along with offering valuable professional experiences and personal growth opportunities, an additional scholarship of $1,000 per year will be awarded to eligible TLC scholars! Please note that some students who are receiving other special scholarships (such as Legacy & Legends or Athletics) may not be eligible to receive this additional scholarship. You can check with your admission counselor for more details.
This program is highly collaborative. Join us to meet like-minded students who are passionate about the same things as you.
Develop Skills and Connections
The Teaching, Leading, and Coaching Program equips you to become a well-prepared and well-connected educator or coach right out of college!
Do Something Hard
The program isn't for everyone, and that's okay. We hope it's for you, though. Can you rise to the challenge?