If you would like to learn more about the scholarship opportunities below, contact the Georgetown College Office of Admission. A student is eligible for only one of the following Georgetown College academic scholarships and will be awarded the most advantageous of the scholarships based on qualifications.
Your scholarships will be renewed through your eighth semester as long as you continue to meet the GPA requirements for the academic scholarships and continue to participate for the performance scholarships. You must file the FAFSA each year to renew your need-based assistance and if you continue to be eligible for the programs, your assistance will be renewed.
Scholarships for First Time Freshmen
The scholarships listed below are available for first-time residential freshmen. Eligibility is based on a student’s ACT and/or SAT score, and high school GPA. Commuters are eligible for the same scholarships, but amounts will be reduced proportionate to costs.
- Athletic Scholarships Athletic scholarships are determined entirely by the coaches while considering all that a student brings to the college. To fill out a recruiting form for any of our exceptional sports, please visit http://www.georgetowncollegeathletics.com/.
- Georgetown College Presidential Scholarship ($28,000 - $30,000)
Individuals receiving this scholarship are encouraged to apply for admission to the Honors Program. Those who are accepted will earn an additional $1,000 yearly scholarship.
- Georgetown College Founders Scholarship ($22,000 - $27,000)
- Georgetown College Heritage Scholarship ($9,000 - $22,000)
- Georgetown College Opportunity Grant (Awarded based on financial need according to completed FAFSA)
- Georgetown College Distinguished Scholarship Awarded to two top scholars each year. The Distinguished Scholarship is a full-tuition scholarship. To apply for the opportunity to interview for this prestigious award, click here.
- Legacy and Legends Scholarship As Georgetown College approaches its bicentennial celebration in 2029, we recognize the impact that several local counties have had on our history. It is only right that we give back by offering a transformational education of the heart and mind to the students of some of those counties. Through the support of loyal alumni and donors, Georgetown College is proud to offer the Legacy and Legends Scholarship. Please note that students receiving this scholarship are not eligible to receive any additional aid from GC. For more information click here .
Scholarships for Transfer Students
The scholarships listed below are available for transfer residential students. Eligibility is based on a student’s GPA at their current institution.
- Georgetown College Advantage Scholarship ($12,000-$22,000)
- Georgetown College Enrichment Scholarship ($8,000-$14,000)
- Georgetown College Opportunity Grant (Awarded based on financial need according to completed FAFSA)
Competitive Georgetown Scholarships
Georgetown offers several competitive academic programs that can come with an additional $1,000 per year as well for students who are not receiving one of the special scholarships (such as Legacy and Legends). Students are limited to no more than three programs. Click on any of the following links for more information:
Oxford Honors - The Oxford Programs offer Georgetown students a chance to enroll and study at Oxford University in their junior or senior year. Prior to going, qualified students will use GC Honors courses to develop and hone the academic skills, content expertise, and personal habits needed to thrive in the famous Oxford Tutorial method of teaching and learning.
Science Honors - Over the next four years, you can become part of an honors program that is unique in undergraduate science education. You will have opportunities to see the way scientific knowledge shapes the understanding of our world, conduct your own original research anywhere in the country, and share this work with scientists across the country and around the world. And it all starts at GC!
Independent Honors - The Independent Honors track challenges students to discover and develop their intellectual strengths and purpose by completing a personalized honors curriculum developed in consultation with an honors adviser.
Health Scholars - The Health Scholars Program is the perfect preparation for students interested in a health-related career! Along with providing a community of like-minded students, Health Scholars will give you important professional experiences and the skills and preparation that you need to succeed in any form of post-graduate health program.
Pre-Law - Georgetown’s Pre-law Program is highly competitive, admitting no more than 18 students annually, and highly beneficial.
Healthy Living and Leadership - The HLL Scholars program enables select students to gain experience in health promotion and leadership that will add further value to their exceptional Georgetown College liberal arts education.
Equine Scholars - The Equine Scholars Program is a professional development program for students interested in pursuing a career within the equine industry. Unique in approach, ESP empowers students to pursue an academic degree of their choice while teaching them how their interests in the classroom connect back to a career within the equine industry.
Christian Scholars - The Christian Scholars Program helps each student pursue God’s calling to be Christ in the world.
Prototype (Art) Program - The Prototype Program for the arts allows students at Georgetown College to have access to the resources they need to become practicing artists, from personal studio space to working with artists in the Visiting Artist and Emerging Artist in Residence Program.
Maskrafters Academy (Theatre and Film) - The Maskrafters Academy is an opportunity for students interested in Theatre and Film Studies to receive an extra scholarship while they are in college for doing exactly what they want to do already: taking part in shows, doing internships with theatre and film professionals, attending film festivals, and other amazing opportunities!
Band and Chorale - Music is not just an academic study, it is a way of life for many people. At Georgetown College we would love to give you the opportunity to continue to sing, or play your instrument while in college, to take your understanding and love of music to the next level, and to join a unique and rich community of former musical Tigers in our chorale or bands.
GC Guarantee- A Pell Pledge Scholarship
Every student should have the opportunity to pursue an exceptional and affordable education at a Christian college, and that’s why Georgetown College has committed to the GC Guarantee: Pell Pledge Scholarship.
GC guarantees that any student who is eligible to receive the Pell Grant and who maintains at least a 2.5 GPA will have no increase in tuition costs for the four years of college!
Students do not need to apply separately to receive this scholarship.
Outside scholarships only available to Georgetown College Students:
- Suffoletta Scholarship
- Available to students from Scott County High School coming to Georgetown College. The application is due by April 1st, and the award amount is $1,000 for the first year.
- Woman's Association of Georgetown College Scholarship
- Outstanding women leaders interested in or already attending Georgetown College are eligible to apply. Selection is based on financial need as determined by the FAFSA, academic standing (3.0 GPA required), and two recommendations from (1) the applicant’s minister and (2) a high school teacher or school official; or a college professor or college staff. The minimum number of scholarships given is 2 per year, and the award amount begins at $1,000 per year with the possibility of renewal. Applications are due by March 15th, and successful applicants will be notified by May 1st.
- The Woman’s Association of Georgetown College scholarships are funded in part by bequests honoring Virginia Mills Dempsey, Katherine Waller Fields, Frankie Cagel Johnson, Ann Campbell Manly, Gladys Gwynne Peters, Mary Thompson Porter and the Wilma Reed endowment to Georgetown College.
Outside scholarship offers:
We post occasional outside scholarships that seem like a great fit for our students, but we do not administer these scholarships, and our listing of them should not seem like an endorsement of that scholarship from Georgetown College. It is still your responsibility to be sure that the scholarship fits your needs.
- Athnet Sports Recruiting Scholarship
- Available to undergraduates who were athletes at the high school level. You do not need to be an athlete at the college level to qualify. The application is due by June 1st and the award amount is $1,000. Learn more and apply at https://www.collegesportsscholarships.com/scholarship.htm
- PNC Bank
- PNC offers a Financial Literacy account that helps students learn how to create—and stick to—a budget, minimize college loan debt, and build a foundation for life after college. Visit pnc.financialliteracy101.org/scholarship/ to create a free Financial Literacy account. Opt in for a chance to win a $2,000 scholarship. Twelve scholarship winners will be chosen.
- Anthony Munoz Scholarship Foundation
- Available to Tri-State high school senioirs within the Foundation's Area of Impact. This includes 22 counties in Southwest Ohio, Southeast Indiana and Northern Kentucky. Students are interviewed and chosen based on their financial need, academic achievement, ability to overcome adversity and their ambition to succeed. This is an application based process. Students must submit a multi-faceted application and must meet the eligibility criteria to be considered. Click here for more information.
Tools for finding additional outside scholarships:
Outside scholarships are great tools to help with college funding. Below are some web sites that offer FREE searches on outside scholarships:
Here are a couple of things we have learned along the way about outside scholarships that you should keep in mind:
- Never pay for information about outside scholarships; it’s free from web sites such as the ones mentioned above.
- Many outside scholarships are available for only your first year of college. Sometimes, students enter college with a significant amount of outside scholarships, only to have none of those funds after the first year. Be careful and plan accordingly.
Calculate Costs Using Our Net Price Calculator
We know that college costs are important for students and families. To give you the best information possible about your out-of-pocket costs at Georgetown College, you can now calculate your estimate of financial aid using our Net Price Calculator. This calculator will use your academic and financial information to arrive at an estimate. Your information will be used by admissions and financial aid staff only and will not be shared with any other entity.
We invite your questions and comments about this calculator. Please contact Student Financial Planning at 502-863-8027.
Renewal of Assistance Information
All aid offered by Georgetown is for four full years (eight semesters). Academic scholarships of less than half-tuition require that you maintain a cumulative GPA consistent with the standards of satisfactory academic progress, as outlined in the college catalog. The requirement for scholarships of more than half-tuition is a cumulative GPA of 3.3.