Georgetown College updates the Daily Crime and Fire Log within two business days and includes all crimes reported to the Georgetown College Campus Safety Department. The log is available during business hours at Georgetown College Campus Safety, 400 East College Street, Georgetown, KY 40324. A hard copy of this log can be requested in the Campus Safety office. Below is the Daily Crime and Fire Log for incidents that have been reported during the current calendar year. You will also find archived logs for previous years by clicking on the links below.
Previous Crime Logs
- 2017 Crime and Fire Log.pdf
- 2018 Crime & Fire Log.pdf
- 2019 Annual Security Report.pdf
Current Crime Log
|Classification (Nature of Crime)||Date/Time of Incident||Date/Time Reported||Location||Description||Disposition||Reported By|
|1||Suspicious Activity||1/1/2021 0020||1/1/2021 0020||President's House||Possible Intruder||Closed||Georgetown College|
|2||Criminal Trespassing||1/2/2021 1810||1/2/2021 1810||PHA House||Non-student was located in residence hall that was closed for winter break.||Closed||
|3||Theft by Unlawful Taking (F)||1/1-1/5/2021 Unknown||1/5/2021 1320||Hambrick Apt. Parking Area||The catalytic convertors were cut off of 4 Georgetown College vehicles. Report was taken by Georgetown Police Department||Open||Georgetown College|
|4||Hit and Run Collision||1/12/2021 Unknown||1/12/2021 0030||Rucker Apt. Parking Area||Student claimed an unknown vehicle struck their vehicle. Damage was inconsistent with being struck by another vehicle.||Unfounded||Georgetown College|
|5||Theft by Unlawful Taking (M)||1/13/21 1220||1/13/21 1800||Bush Center for Fitness||Student reported a Bluetooth speaker was stolen. Suspect identified and speaker was recovered.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|6||Fire Alarm||1/13/20 2110||1/13/21 2110||East Campus Apartment Building 300||Fire alarm due to burnt food. Georgetown Fire Department cleared the scene.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|7||Fire Alarm||01/16/2019 1315 hrs||1/13/2021 2105||PHA House||Fire alarm due to burnt food. Georgetown Fire Department Cleared the Scene.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|8||Drug Violation||1/16/21 2010||1/16/21 2010||Pi Kappa Alpha House||Odor of burning marijuana and suspected marijuana residue was detected in students room. Student was referred for disciplinary action.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|9||Suicidal Subject||1/16/2021 2024||1/16/2021 2024||Anderson Hall||Third party report of a possible student who was having thoughts of self harm. Student was not located on campus.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|10||Possible Gas Leak||01/17/2021 1908||01/17/2021 1908||Allen Hall||Report of a possible natural gas leak was made. Georgetown Fire Department and Columbia Gas both responded and determined no leak existed.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|11||Hit and Run Collision||01/18/2021 1030||01/18/2021 1030||Crawford Drive||Unknown vehicle left the roadway and struck a campus light post causing damage and fled the scene.||Open||Georgetown College|
|12||Reckless Driving||01/18/2021 1215||01/18/2021 1215||Crawford Drive||Student was driving recklessly causing a danger to others upon the roadway. Student was referred for disciplinary action.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|13||Fire Alarm||01/21/2021 0500||01/21/2021 0500||Lambda Chi Alpha House||General fire alarm; no fire was detected. Georgetown Fire cleared the scene.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|14||Criminal Trespassing||02/17/2021 1815||02/17/2021 1815||Anderson Hall||Suspicious male subject was attempting to gain entry into the residence hall.||Open||Georgetown College|
|15||Criminal Trespassing||02/20/2021 2014||02/20/2021 2014||Bush Center for Fitness||Two subjects were observed entering the fitness center after it had closed through an unsecured door and were located inside. Georgetown Police responded and cited the individuals.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|16||Harassment and Harassing Communications||2/12/2021||2/12/2021 2222||Anderson Hall||Student reported another student had been displaying harassing behavior and sending unwanted messages to them.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|17||Weapons Violation||2/22/2021 2230||2/22/2021 2230||Allen Hall Residence Hall||Report of possession of a weapon by a vistior was recieved. Investigation determined no weapon was present and visitor left campus.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|18||Personal Injury||2/23/2021 0915||2/23/2021 0915||Allen Hall||Student while walking on the sidewalk slipped on ice causing injury. She was transported for medical treatment.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|19||Fire Alarm||2/28/2021||2/28/2021||Asher Science Center||Multiple false alarms occurred with the buildings fire alarm. Georgetown Fire Department and Simplex both responded.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|20||Criminal Trespassing||2/28/2021 0000||2/28/2021 0000||John Hill Chapel||Three students entered the Chapel after authorized hours. Students were referred for disciplinary action.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|21||Personal Injury||03/01/2021 1215||03/01/2021 1215||Asher Science Center||Student slipped on water in womens restroom causing injury. She was transported for medical treatment.||Open||Georgetown College|
|22||Fire Alarm||03/05/2021 2210||03/05/2021 2210||Lambda Chi Alpha House||Fire alarm due to burnt food. Georgetown Fire Department Cleared the Scene.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|23||Medical Emergency||03/07/2021 2320||03/07/2021 2320||Phi Mu House||Student was having a medical emergency. Student was transported by ambulance for medical treatment.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|24||Verbal Disorder||3/9/2021 2350||3/9/2021 2350||Allen Hall||Verbal Dispute between roomates. Subjects were separated and disorder resolved||Closed||Georgetown College|
|Drug and Alcohol Offense||4/1/2021 1427||4/1/2021 1427||East Campus Apartments||Student was in violation of the drug and alcohol policies on campus.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|26||Disorder||4/2/2021 2000||4/2/2021 2000||Collier Hall Residence Hall||A disorder between roommates occured, student life responded and settled the dispute.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|27||Fire Alarm||4/6/2021 1231||4/6/2021 1231||Georgetown Hall||False alarm due to faulty detector. Detector was replaced||Closed||
|28||Disorder||4/6/2021 2230||4/6/2021 22230||S. Mulberry Street and E. College Street||A disorder occurred adjacent to campus between non campus personnel. Georgetown Police responded.||Closed||Georgetown Police Department|
|29||Theft by Unlawful (M)||4/10/2021 0124||4/10/2021 0124||Memorial Drive/Admissions||Two students unlawfully removed the admissions sign. Sign was recovered at student's apartment.||Closed||
|30||Drug and Alcohol Offense||4/10/2021 0124||4/10/2021 0124||Hambrick Village Apartments||During a theft investigation, several students were discovered to be in violation of the campus alcohol policy.||Closed||
|31||Medical Emergency||4/14/2021 0159||4/14/2021 0159||Phi Mu House||A student was having a medical emergency and was transported by EMS to the ER.||Closed||
|32||Fire Alarm||4/15/2021 1403||4/15/2021 1403||Pierce Hall||A student was burning a candle and set off the smoke detector in their room.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|33||Fire Alarm||4/24/2021 1905||4/15/2021 1907||Pierce Hall||Faulty detectors caused a false alarm. Detectors were replaced.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|34||Fire Alarm||4/25/2021 1800||4/25/2021 1800||East Campus Apartments Building 300||Smoke detector was set off due to burnt food.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|35||Fire Alarm||4/28/2021 1600||4/28/2021 1600||Toytoa Stadium||Sprinkler pipe burst causing alarm. System was repaired.||Closed||
|36||Criminal Mischief||4/28/2021 2115||4/28/2021 2115||South Campus Parking Lot||Unknown suspects cut students car tires. Student was uncooperative during the investigation.||Closed||Georgetown Police Department|
|37||Property Damage||4/29/2021 0120||4/29/2021 0120||East Campus Athletic Complex||A non-campus personnel vehicle drove through the perimeter fence during an accidental vehicle collision.||Closed||Georgetown Police Department|
|38||Wanton Endagerment||4/29/2021 Unknown||4/29/2021 0700||Avondale Avenue||Shots were fired off at an off campus residence by non campus personnel. The residence is approximately 2-3 blocks from campus. Arrests were made by Georgetown Police Department.||Closed||Georgetown Police Department|
|39||Disorderly Conduct||4/30/2021 1630||4/30/2021 1630||GC Softball Complex||A report of students harassing players on the field was received. An officer responded and addressed the issue.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|40||Wellness Check||5/1/2021 0330||5/1/2021 0330||Tiger Hall Residence Hall||GPD contacted campus safety to attempt to make contact with a student whose vehicle was involved in an off campus collision.||Closed||Georgetown Police Department|
|41||Fire Alarm||5/5/2021 0100||5/5/2021 0100||Lambda Chi Residence Hall||A false alarm was received at this location, no event was detected when officers responded.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|42||Alcohol and Drug Violation||5/5/2021 0100||5/5/2021 0100||Lambda Chi Residence Hall||While investigating a fire alarm officers encountered an intoxicated studentthat was disruptive and in possession of empty alcoholic containers.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|43||Fire Alarm||5/10/2021 1925||5/10/2021 1925||East Campus Apartments Building 400||Burnt food set off a smoke detector in the building.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|44||Fire Alarm||5/10/2021 1948||5/10/2021 1948||Flowers Residence Hall||Burnt food set off a smoke detector in the kitchen.||Closed||
|45||Vehicle Collision||5/14/2021 2245||5/14/2021 2245||South Campus Parking Lot||Minor non injury vehicle collisoin between two students.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|46||Welfare Check||5/14/2021 0130||5/14/2021 0130||Tiger Hall Residence Hall||Welfare check request on a student by an off campus personnel.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|47||Fire Alarm||5/17/2021 1910||5/17/2021 1910||Anderson Hall Residence Hall||False alarm due to unknown cause.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|48||Fire Alarm||5/17/2021 1151||5/17/2021 1153||Cralle Student Center||False alarm due to faulty smoke detector. Detector was replaced||Closed||Georgetown College|
|49||Wanton Endangerment||5/20/2021 2300||5/20/2021 2300||Rucker Village Parking Lot||A non campus personnel fired multiple shots into the air over a disorder with a student. Georgetown PD responded.This was an isolated incident with no ongoing threat to campus.||Closed||Georgetown Police Department|
|50||Theft by Unlawful Taking (F)||6/4/2021 1130||6/4/2021 0100||Cralle Student Center||Non-campus personnel entered an office and committed a theft of approximately $4000 of electronics. Suspect was located/charged and property recovered||Closed||Georgetown College/Georgetown Police Department|
|51||Fire Alarm||6/14/2021 0842||06/14/2021 0845||Cralle Stundet Center||False alarm due to unknown cause.||Closed||
|52||Fire Alarm||6/15/2021 0120||06/15/2021 0120||Georgetown College Conference Center||Sprinkler compressor offline. Repairs made.||Closed||
|53||Fire Alarm||6/21/2021 1505||06/21/2021 1506||Flowers Hall Residence Hall||False alarm due to faulty smoke detector. Detector replaced.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|54||Personal Injury||6/22/2021 1720||6/22/2021 1720||Rucker Village Parking Lot||Scott County EMS responded for a non campus personnel injury.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|55||Personal Injury||6/27/2021 0200||6/27/2021 0200||E. Main Street/Memorial Drive Area||Scott County EMS responded for a non campus personnel injury.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|56||Fire Alarm||6/28/2021 1100||6/28/2021 1103||Knight Hall Residence Hall||False Alarm due to leak testing by Georgetown Water Company.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|57||Fire Alarm||6/28/2021 1500||6/28/2021 1503||Bush Fitness Center||False alarm due to leak testing by Georgetown Water Company.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|58||Attempted Burglary||7/11/2021 1842||7/11/2021 1842||Maintenance Compound||Burglar alarm was triggered when someone pried open an entry door and then fled.||Closed||Georgetown College|
The following are definitions of crimes under The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act) and are included in this report. These definitions come from the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s “Uniform Crime Reporting” (UCR).
- Murder & Non-Negligent Manslaughter — The willful killing of one human being by another.
- Negligent Manslaughter — The killing of another person through gross negligence.
- Robbery — The taking or attempting to take anything of value from the care, custody, or control of a person or persons by force or threat of force or violence and/or by putting the victim in fear.
- Aggravated Assault — An unlawful attack by one person upon another for the purpose of inflicting severe or aggravated bodily injury. This type of assault usually is accompanied by the use of a weapon or by means likely to produce death or great bodily harm. (It is not necessary that injury result from an aggravated assault when a gun, knife, or other weapon is used which could, and probably would, result in serious personal injury if the crime were successfully completed.)
- Burglary — The unlawful entry of a structure to commit a felony or theft. For reporting purposes, this definition includes: unlawful entry with intent to commit a larceny or felony; breaking and entering with intent to commit a larceny; housebreaking; safecracking; and all attempts to commit any of the aforementioned.
- Motor Vehicle Theft — The theft or attempted theft of a motor vehicle. (Classify as motor vehicle theft all cases where automobiles are taken by persons not having lawful access even though the vehicles are later abandoned, including joyriding.)
- Arson — Any willful or malicious burning or attempt to burn, with or without intent to defraud, a dwelling house, public building, motor vehicle or aircraft, personal property of another, etc.
- Arrests for Weapon Law Violations — The violation of laws or ordinances dealing with weapon offenses, regulatory in nature, such as: manufacture, sale, or possession of deadly weapons; carrying deadly weapons, concealed or openly; furnishing deadly weapons to minors; aliens possessing deadly weapons; and all attempts to commit any of the aforementioned.
- Arrests for Drug Abuse Violations — Violations of State and local laws relating to the unlawful possession, sale, use, growing, manufacturing, and making of narcotic drugs. The relevant substances include: opium or cocaine and their derivatives (morphine, heroin, codeine); marijuana; synthetic narcotics and dangerous nonnarcotic drugs
- Arrests for Liquor Law Violations — The violation of laws or ordinances prohibiting: the manufacture, sale, transporting, furnishing, possessing of intoxicating liquor; maintaining unlawful drinking places; bootlegging; operating a still; furnishing liquor to a minor or intemperate person; using a vehicle for illegal transportation of liquor; drinking on a train or public conveyance; and all attempts to commit any of the aforementioned. (Drunkenness & driving under the influence are not included in this definition.)
- Disciplinary Referrals for Weapon Law Violations
- Disciplinary Referrals for Drug Abuse Violations
- Disciplinary Referrals for Liquor Law Violations
- Hate Crimes
- Sex Offenses
- Forcible — Any sexual act directed against another person, forcibly and/or against that person’s will; or not forcibly or against the person’s will where the victim is incapable of giving consent. ii.
- Nonforcible — Unlawful, nonforcible sexual intercourse.
- Incest. Nonforcible sexual intercourse between persons who are related to each other within the degrees wherein marriage is prohibited by law.
- Statutory Rape. Nonforcible sexual intercourse with a person who is under the statutory age of consent.
- Domestic Violence — Felony or misdemeanor crimes of violence committed —
- By a current or former spouse or intimate partner of the victim;
- By a person whom the victim shares a child in common;
- By a person who is cohabitating with or has cohabitated with the victim as a spouse or intimate partner;
- By a person similarly situated to a spouse of the victim under the domestic violence laws of the jurisdiction in which the crime of violence occurred; or
- By any other person against an adult or youth victim who is protected from the person’s acts under the domestic or family violence laws of the jurisdiction in which the crime of violence occurred.
- Dating Violence — Violence committed by a person —
- Who is or has been in a social relationship of a romantic or intimate nature with the victim and
- The existence of such a relationship shall be based on the reporting party’s statement and with consideration of the length of the relationship, the type of relationship, and the frequency of interaction between the persons involved in the relationship.
For the purposes of this definition —
- Dating violence includes, but is not limited to, sexual or physical abuse or the threat of such abuse.
- Dating violence does not include acts covered under the definition of domestic violence.
18. Stalking — Engaging in a course of conduct directed at a specific person that would cause a reasonable person to —
- Fear for the person’s safety or the safety of others; or
- Suffer substantial emotional distress.
For the purposes of this definition —
- Course of conduct means two or more acts, including, but not limited to, acts with the stalker directly, indirectly, or through third parties, by any action, method, device, or means follows, observes, surveils, threatens, or communicates to or about, a person, or interferes with a person’s property.
- Substantial emotional distress means significant mental suffering or anguish that may, but does not necessarily, require medical or professional treatment of counseling.
- Reasonable persons means a reasonable person under similar circumstances and with similar identities to the victim.
 34 C.F.R. Part 668, Appendix E to Part 668.47.