Throughout the semester, Georgetown College will continue to follow the guidelines set by the CDC for universities and colleges. All faculty, staff, and students must agree to follow these medical guidelines to return to campus this fall.
- Following the guidelines from the CDC, all faculty, staff, and students will need to agree to testing to return to campus. How often tests will be administered will be determined at a later date based on the best science at that time.
- Daily health monitoring will be required of all faculty, staff, and students. Each person will check his or her temperature and self-monitor for symptoms.
- If faculty, staff, or students test positive or are known to have been exposed, we will need them to quarantine until such a time as they get a negative test. All members of the community should quarantine at home when possible for their own comfort and safety.
- All students, faculty, and staff will be required to have a mask this fall (we will have some available for those who need them), and to use them according to the best medical guidelines available.
- We are currently testing all classrooms and living areas for ventilation. If an area cannot be made safe, it will not be in use this fall. For other areas, we will increase ventilation as possible through windows or ventilation systems, and will decrease recycled air flow or disinfect recycled air.
- Plexiglass barriers will be erected where staff regularly interact with visitors or students across a desk or counter; where possible, face-to-face interactions will be shifted to virtual contacts instead.
- Stairwells will be designated as ‘up’ or ‘down’, and clear signage will direct traffic flow. Where applicable, doors will be marked as ’in’ or ‘out’ and traffic flow will all go one direction.