The Prototype Program for the arts allows art majors at Georgetown College to have access to the resources they need to become practicing artists, from personal studio space to working with artists in the Visiting Artist and Emerging Artist in Residence Program. Program members will also have the opportunity to assist select faculty on special projects and exhibitions. This program is an opportunity for incoming students as well as current Art Majors. For more on our three permanent art galleries, click here.
For due dates and a list of other programs of distinction, click here.
- Must be an Art Major at Georgetown College, or planning to major in art if a prospective student.
- Must be enrolled in an Art course each semester. If a student is unable to be in a class, and is not enrolled in an independent study developing a body of work or process, the student will relinquish their private studio.
- Program participants will participate in group critiques and a group exhibition each year consisting of the Prototype Program members.
“Having my own studio space means having a place that I can be surrounded by inspiration. Its a place where my focus can be on creating and where that creativity is not held back”
- Grace James
How to Apply
Prospective student applicants should begin by filling out the application at http://gogc.me/prototypeapp. This will allow us to set up a personal interview during Georgetown Scholars Day or individually through the Spring semester. All applications, whether for prospective students or current students, will require:
- An application letter that addresses the technical and conceptual direction of your current work, how you see the private studio space benefiting your studio practice, and any specific plans you have for the space.
- 6-10 digital representation of works labeled with the last name, first initial, underscore, and slide number. (ex: GrahamD_01.jpeg)
- A slide list including title, medium, dimensions, and date of completion for each work.
Students will submit materials through Dropbox or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).