Georgetown College plans to compete in all sports this fall, following the guidelines put forth by the NAIA and our conference. The following are some adaptations that we can put in place now to help us stay safe as we compete.
Practice, Meetings, and Athletic Training
- Smaller group practices and meetings are encouraged as possible.
- Practice schedules will be carefully reviewed to avoid overlap between teams in one space.
- Equipment, locker rooms, and other shared spaces will receive regular enhanced disinfecting.
- Competition schedules will be carefully reviewed to mitigate risks as much as possible. When travel is necessary, strict guidelines must be followed at all times by all student-athletes and coaches.
- As spectators are able to attend by local or state regulations, they should be required to follow campus guidelines on safety. Alternative virtual options for spectators, on and off campus, will be explored.