YOUR GEORGETOWN EXPERIENCE BEGINS HERE.
If you're ready to take the next step
and become a Georgetown College Tiger you're in luck!
We've mapped out the entire process for you below.
Come explore campus and see why Georgetown College is right for you!
Sign up for a visit.
Submit your Application for Admission to Georgetown College
We know that prepping for college is a lot of work, which is why we make our online application quick, simple, and free!
For First-Time Freshmen: Submit official test scores (ACT or SAT) & high school transcript
Send us your ACT/SAT scores and high school transcripts with classes completed at least through your Junior Year. We can receive transcripts through Parchment, via email, or US mail. We suggest that you request these items from your high school guidance counselor or the testing website.
For Transfer Students (having 24+ passing college credit hours): submit college transcript
Please have the college or university where you were previously enrolled send us your transcripts. Typically these can be requested online. We must receive these directly from the institution in order to for them to be considered official transcripts.
Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
Why should you fill out the FAFSA? Because most students qualify for some form of federal aid! You don’t want to miss out on potential grants, scholarships, work-study options, and/or low-interest rate federal student loans, do you? Be sure to add GC as a school to receive your FAFSA – our school code is 001964.
- You can fill out the FAFSA as early as October 1 at www.fafsa.gov
- Many grants are first come, first serve so don’t wait!
- It is possible that you may be selected for Verification by the federal government (about 1/3 of students are selected for Verification). But no need to worry, our admissions and financial planning offices will walk you through this process.
Receive your Financial Aid award letter
After you submit your FAFSA, you will receive a financial aid award letter from GC. This letter will detail your financial aid package. Depending on your FAFSA information, this package can be a combination of different types of financial aid from multiple sources. After you receive and review the award letter, you will be asked to return a signed copy of the letter indicating whether you accept or reject each source of financial aid.
If and when you are ready to commit and enroll at GC, then it’s time to submit your enrollment deposit!
You can submit your $200 enrollment deposit online through your GC Status Page (where you submitted your application for admission) or you can mail a check (made out to Georgetown College) to the Admissions Office at 400 E. College St. Georgetown, KY 40324.
Complete your class preference questionnaire (CPQ) & submit your housing application
Your class preference questionnaire and housing application will help us get to know you a little bit better! These forms help determine your best-fit for classes and on-campus housing so that you will thrive at GC!
- 24 hours after you have submitted your enrollment deposit, you should have access to these forms on your GC Status Page.
Register for our Preparation and Advising Workshop (otherwise known as PAWS)
This is an orientation required for all new students. At PAWS, you will receive your student ID card, class schedule, college email address and more! You can sign-up for PAWS on your GC Status Page. There are several dates available beginning in April.
- You will receive specifics about the day from our Coordinator of First Year Programs. But you can be sure that move-in day is one of our favorite days of the year! When you pull your car up to the residence hall, several volunteer students and staff will be waiting to carry everything to your room!
- Once you get settled in your room, there are lots of activities planned for you throughout the weekend as you transition to life as a Georgetown Tiger. We can’t wait to welcome you!
Congratulation, You are a TIGER!
Embrace every opportunity – these four years will fly by!