Daily Crime Log
Georgetown College updates the Daily Crime Log within two business days and includes all crimes reported to the Georgetown College Campus Safety Department. The log is available during business hours at Georgetown College Campus Safety, 400 East College Street, Georgetown, KY 40324. A hard copy of this log can be requested in the Campus Safety office. Below is the daily crime log for incidents that have been reported during the current calendar year. You will also find archived logs for previous years by clicking on the desired year.
2016 Crime and Fire Log
|Classification (Nature of Crime)||Date/Time of Incident||Date/Time Reported||Location||Description||Disposition|
|1||Theft||01/1/2016 07:40||01/1/2016 10:30||College Avenue||Theft occurred at residence on College Avenue.||Open|
|2||Arrest: Alcohol Intoxication||01/3/2016 01:00||01/3/2016 01:00||College Avenue, Wilson Art Building||Subject arrested for alcohol intoxication.||Closed|
|3||Damage of Property||01/18/2016 15:15||01/18/2016 16:00||Hambrick Village||Damage reported to an apartment’s door frame.||Open|
|4||Theft||01/26/2016 between 12:00-18:00||01/26/2016 20:45||Hambrick Village||Video game equipment reported stolen from unlocked apartment.||Open|
|5||Damage of Property||Date and time unknown||02/04/2016 23:20||Anderson Hall Parking Lot||Damage reported to student’s car.||Open|
|6||Drugs Violation||02/05/2016 11:30||02/05/2016 16:10||East Campus Apartments||Two students referred for disciplinary action for possessing drugs and drug paraphernalia.||Judicial Referral|
|7||Weapons Violation||02/05/2016 11:30||02/05/2016 16:10||East Campus Apartments||One student referred for disciplinary action for possessing firearm and ammunition.||Judicial Referral|
|8||Drugs Violation||02/05/2016 14:30||02/05/2016 17:10||East Campus Apartments||Three students referred for disciplinary action for possessing drugs and drug paraphernalia.||Judicial Referral|
|9||Liquor Law Violation||02/05/2016 14:30||02/05/2016 17:10||East Campus Apartments||One student referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violation.||Judicial Referral|
|10||Liquor Law Violation||02/05/2016 22:50||02/05/2016 23:37||Anderson Hall||Three students referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violations.||Judicial Referral|
|11||Drugs Violation||02/06/2016 01:00||02/06/2016 01:46||Anderson Hall||One student referred for disciplinary action for a drugs violation.||Judicial Referral|
|12||Liquor Law Violation||02/07/2016 01:10||02/07/2016 03:00||Anderson Hall||Seven students referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violations.||Judicial Referral|
|13||Damage of Property||02/07/2016 02:45||02/07/2016 21:50||Anderson Hall||Two water fountains found damaged on the second floor.||Open|
|14||Damage of Property||02/07/2016 03:45||02/07/2016 05:16||Lambda Chi Alpha Residence Hall||Damaged caused to window in informal lobby.||Closed|
|15||Damage of Property||02/09/2016 01:35||02/09/2016 01:50||Anderson Hall||Ceiling tiles found damaged on the second floor hallway.||Open|
|16||Damage of Property||02/09/2016 23:26||02/09/2016 23:45||Anderson Hall||One water fountain found damaged on the second floor.||Open|
|17||Liquor Law Violation||02/10/2016 14:36||02/13/2016 15:21||Hambrick Village||Five students referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violations.||Judicial Referral|
|18||Damage of Property||02/10/2016 20:55||02/10/2016 21:07||Cralle Student Center||Damage found to television outside of the cafeteria.||Open|
|19||Theft||02/10/2016 time unknown||02/11/2016 11:45||Hambrick Village||Money report stolen from residence hall room.||Open|
|20||Theft from Motor Vehicle||02/11/2016 time unknown||02/11/2016 11:45||Toyota Stadium parking lot||Money reported stolen from inside locked motor vehicle.||Open|
|21||Sex Offense – Forcible||02/11/2016 approximately 23:40||02/13/2016 14:00||Collier Hall||Forcible sex offense reported that occurred in residence hall.||Open|
|22||Damage of Property||Date and Time Unknown||02/14/2016 11:30||Anderson Hall||Damage reported to a water fountain||Open|
|23||Liquor Law Violation||02/20/2016 22:30||02/21/2016 13:30||Lambda Chi Alpha Residence Hall||One student referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violation.||Judicial Referral|
|24||Dating Violence||02/24/2016 Approximately 01:00||02/24/2016 09:00||Phi Kappa Tau Residence Hall||Campus Safety received anonymous report of potential dating violence occurring.||Closed|
|25||Damage of Property||Between 02/24/2016 at 22:30 and 02/25/2016 at 08:30||02/25/2016 09:30||Hollyhock Ave.||Four vehicles found to have damage to the vehicle’s windshields.||Open|
|26||Dating Violence||Date and Time Unknown||02/26/2016 15:00||East Campus Apartments.||Report of dating violence occurring throughout the semester. No evidence to substantiate this claim at time of report.||Closed|
|27||Theft||02/29/2016 06:00||02/29/2016 17:30||Phi Kappa Tau Residence Hall||Key ring reported missing from residence hall room.||Open|
|28||Liquor Law Violations||02/26/2016 21:00||03/01/2016 15:06||Kappa Alpha Residence Hall||Four students referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violation.||Judicial Referral|
|29||Liquor Law Violation||03/01/2016 16:30||03/01/2016 16:54||Hambrick Village||One student referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violation.||Judicial Referral|
|30||Damage of property||03/01/2016 16:30||03/03/2016 14:08||Anderson Hall||Damage reported to water fountain on second floor.||Closed|
|31||Liquor Law Violation||03/04/2016 17:30||03/04/2016 18:21||Collier Hall||One student referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violation.||Judicial Referral|
|32||Drugs Violations||03/07/2016 15:30||03/07/2016 18:00||East Campus Apartments||Twos students referred for disciplinary action for drugs violations for possessing marijuana.||Judicial Referral|
|33||Motor Vehicle Theft||03/07/2016 between 19:30 and 19:45||03/07/2016 20:00||George H.W. Bush Recreation Center Parking Lot||Motor vehicle reported stolen from the parking lot. Vehicle was recovered in Lexington, KY.||Closed|
|34||Drugs Violations||03/10/2016 23:45||03/11/2016 02:00||Anderson Hall||Four students referred for disciplinary action for drugs violations.||Judicial Referral|
|35||Liquor Law Violations||03/10/2016 23:45||03/11/2016 02:00||Anderson Hall||Four students referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violations.||Judicial Referral|
|36||Vandalism||03/18/2016 17:19||03/19/2016 18:30||Wilson Art Building||Graffiti spray painted on building.||Open|
|37||Liquor Law Violations||04/03/2016 00:30||04/03/2016 03:57||Rucker Village||Three students referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violations.||Judicial Referral|
|38||Fire||04/16/2016 23:30||04/17/2016 03:27||East Campus Apartments||Small fire was found in the mulch. Fire was extinguished. No damage or injuries occurred.||Closed|
|39||Liquor Law Violation||04/23/2016 01:00||04/23/2016 01:30||East Campus Apartments||One student referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violation.||Judicial Referral|
|40||Damage of Property||04/23/2016 02:00||04/23/2016 02:30||Anderson Hall||Damage reported to lights in the 3rd floor bathroom.||Open|
|41||Liquor Law Violations||04/28/2016 22:48||04/29/2016 01:00||Hambrick Village||Four students referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violations.||Judicial Referral|
|42||Damage of Property||04/29/2016 20:00||05/02/2016 09:30||Hollyhock Lane||Damage reported to student’s vehicle windshield.||Open|
|43||Drugs Violations||04/30/2016 01:10||04/30/2016 20:00||Anderson Hall Parking Lot||Three students referred for disciplinary action for drugs violations.||Judicial Referral|
|44||Liquor Law Violation||05/06/2016 11:00||05/06/2016 16:16||East Campus Apartments||One student referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violation.||Judicial Referral|
|45||Liquor Law Violations||05/11/2016 15:00||05/11/2016 15:14||Anderson Hall||Two students referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violations.||Judicial Referral|
|46||Suspicious Activity||06/02/2016 20:00||06/07/2016 08:44||Near Jackson and Hamilton Streets||Report of a suspicious person in the neighborhood, looking in windows of homes.||Open|
|47||Drugs Violations||06/03/2016 20:45||06/03/2016 23:46||Knight Hall||One students referred for disciplinary action for drugs violation.||Judicial Referral|
|48||Burglary||06/08/2016 15:45||06/09/2016 01:23||Asher Science Center||Computer and equipment reported stolen.||Open|
|49||Damage of Property||06/09/2016 12:40||06/10/2016 08:23||Nunnelley Music Building||Damage reported to office door.||Open|
|50||Damage of Property||06/16/2016 12:39||06/16/2016 00:58||Flowers Hall||Damage reported to Resident Director apartment door.||Closed|
|51||Burglary||Between 08/03/2016 at 17:00 and 08/05/2016 at 09:00||08/05/2016 11:50||Cooke Memorial Hall||12 textbooks reported stolen from faculty member’s locked office.||Open|
|52||Trespassing||08/07/2016 00:00||08/08/2016 09:54||George H.W. Bush Rec Center||8 individuals were found trespassing.||Closed|
|53||Liquor Law Violation||08/27/2016 22:45||08/28/2016 03:32||East Campus Apartment Building 4||5 students referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violations.||Judicial Referral|
|54||Liquor Law Violation||08/28/2016 00:20||08/28/2016 00:33||President’s House Association Residence Hall||2 students referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violations.||Judicial Referral|
|55||Drugs Violation||08/28/2016 00:20||08/28/2016 00:33||President’s House Association Residence Hall||2 students referred for disciplinary action for drugs violations.||Judicial Referral|
|56||Liquor Law Violations||09/02/2016 16:48||09/02/2016 17:24||Flowers Hall||Two students referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violations.||Judicial Referral|
|57||Liquor Law Violations||09/02/2016 22:00||09/03/2016 00:10||Anderson Hall||Two students referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violations.||Judicial Referral|
|58||Drugs Violations||09/02/2016 22:00||09/03/2016 00:10||Anderson Hall||Two students referred for disciplinary action for drugs violations.||Judicial Referral|
|59||Weapons: Shots Fired||09/05/2016 approximately 04:21||09/05/2016 12:24||Hambrick Village Apartments||Multiple shots were fired at apartment doors.||Open|
|60||Damage of Property||09/10/2016 21:30||09/11/2016 21:31||Lambda Chi Alpha Residence Hall||Damage found to window and door at the front of the building. The damage appeared to have been caused by a brick.||Open|
|61||Liquor Law Violation||09/10/2016 23:30||09/11/2016 01:02||Allen Hall||One student referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violation||Judicial Referral|
|62||Liquor Law Violations||09/11/2016 03:00||09/11/2016 03:45||Anderson Hall||Two students referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violations.||Judicial Referral|
|63||Simple Assault||09/12/2016 23:00||09/12/2016 23:57||Anderson Hall||Physical altercation between two students – one was struck in the face.||Closed/|
|64||Unauthorized Entry||09/20/2016 23:00||09/21/2016 01:00||Maintenance Building||Unknown subject gained entry to area by climbing through the fence.||Open|
|65||Liquor Law Violations||09/27/2016 22:00||09/28/2016 00:07||Anderson Hall||Four students referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violations.||Judicial Referral|
Definitions of Crimes
The following are definitions of crimes under The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act) and are included in this report. These definitions come from the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s “Uniform Crime Reporting” (UCR).
- Murder & Non-Negligent Manslaughter — The willful killing of one human being by another.
- Negligent Manslaughter — The killing of another person through gross negligence.
- Robbery — The taking or attempting to take anything of value from the care, custody, or control of a person or persons by force or threat of force or violence and/or by putting the victim in fear.
- Aggravated Assault — An unlawful attack by one person upon another for the purpose of inflicting severe or aggravated bodily injury. This type of assault usually is accompanied by the use of a weapon or by means likely to produce death or great bodily harm. (It is not necessary that injury result from an aggravated assault when a gun, knife, or other weapon is used which could, and probably would, result in serious personal injury if the crime were successfully completed.)
- Burglary — The unlawful entry of a structure to commit a felony or a theft. For reporting purposes this definition includes: unlawful entry with intent to commit a larceny or felony; breaking and entering with intent to commit a larceny; housebreaking; safecracking; and all attempts to commit any of the aforementioned.
- Motor Vehicle Theft — The theft or attempted theft of a motor vehicle. (Classify as motor vehicle theft all cases where automobiles are taken by persons not having lawful access even though the vehicles are later abandoned, including joyriding.)
- Arson — Any willful or malicious burning or attempt to burn, with or without intent to defraud, a dwelling house, public building, motor vehicle or aircraft, personal property of another, etc.
- Arrests for Weapon Law Violations — The violation of laws or ordinances dealing with weapon offenses, regulatory in nature, such as: manufacture, sale, or possession of deadly weapons; carrying deadly weapons, concealed or openly; furnishing deadly weapons to minors; aliens possessing deadly weapons; and all attempts to commit any of the aforementioned.
- Arrests for Drug Abuse Violations — Violations of State and local laws relating to the unlawful possession, sale, use, growing, manufacturing, and making of narcotic drugs. The relevant substances include: opium or cocaine and their derivatives (morphine, heroin, codeine); marijuana; synthetic narcotics and dangerous nonnarcotic drugs
- Arrests for Liquor Law Violations — The violation of laws or ordinances prohibiting: the manufacture, sale, transporting, furnishing, possessing of intoxicating liquor; maintaining unlawful drinking places; bootlegging; operating a still; furnishing liquor to a minor or intemperate person; using a vehicle for illegal transportation of liquor; drinking on a train or public conveyance; and all attempts to commit any of the aforementioned. (Drunkenness & driving under the influence are not included in this definition.)
- Disciplinary Referrals for Weapon Law Violations
- Disciplinary Referrals for Drug Abuse Violations
- Disciplinary Referrals for Liquor Law Violations
- Hate Crimes
- Sex Offenses
- Forcible — Any sexual act directed against another person, forcibly and/or against that person’s will; or not forcibly or against the person’s will where the victim is incapable of giving consent. ii.
- Nonforcible — Unlawful, nonforcible sexual intercourse.
- Incest. Nonforcible sexual intercourse between persons who are related to each other within the degrees wherein marriage is prohibited by law.
- Statutory Rape. Nonforcible sexual intercourse with a person who is under the statutory age of consent.
- Domestic Violence — Felony or misdemeanor crimes of violence committed —
- By a current or former spouse or intimate partner of the victim;
- By a person whom the victim shares a child in common;
- By a person who is cohabitating with or has cohabitated with the victim as a spouse or intimate partner;
- By a person similarly situated to a spouse of the victim under the domestic violence laws of the jurisdiction in which the crime of violence occurred; or
- By any other person against an adult or youth victim who is protected from the person’s acts under the domestic or family violence laws of the jurisdiction in which the crime of violence occurred.
- Dating Violence — Violence committed by a person —
- Who is or has been in a social relationship of a romantic or intimate nature with the victim and
- The existence of such a relationship shall be based on the reporting party’s statement and with consideration of the length of the relationship, the type of relationship, and the frequency of interaction between the persons involved in the relationship.
For the purposes of this definition —
- Dating violence includes, but is not limited to, sexual or physical abuse or the threat of such abuse.
- Dating violence does not include acts covered under the definition of domestic violence.
18. Stalking — Engaging in a course of conduct directed at a specific person that would cause a reasonable person to —
- Fear for the person’s safety or the safety of others; or
- Suffer substantial emotional distress.
For the purposes of this definition —
- Course of conduct means two or more acts, including, but not limited to, acts with the stalker directly, indirectly, or through third parties, by any action, method, device, or means follows, observes, serveils, threatens, or communicates to or about, a person, or interferes with a person’s property.
- Substantial emotional distress means significant mental suffering or anguish that may, but does not necessarily, require medical or professional treatment of counseling.
- Reasonable persons means a reasonable person under similar circumstances and with similar identities to the victim.
 34 C.F.R. Part 668, Appendix E to Part 668.47.