Daily Crime Log
Georgetown College updates the Daily Crime Log within two business days and includes all crimes reported to the Georgetown College Campus Safety Department. The log is available during business hours at Georgetown College Campus Safety, 400 East College Street, Georgetown, KY 40324. A hard copy of this log can be requested in the Campus Safety office. Below is the daily crime log for incidents that have been reported during the current calendar year. You will also find archived logs for previous years by clicking on the desired year.
2015 Crime and Fire Log
|Classification (Nature of Crime)||Date/Time of Incident||Date/Time Reported||Location||Description||Disposition|
|1||Forcible Entry||01/11/2015 22:40||01/16/2015 09:14||Rucker Village||Residents reported damage to front door, and unauthorized entry, to the apartment||Open|
|2||Liquor Law Violation||01/19/2015 02:00||01/20/2015 09:36||Allen Memorial Hall||Student referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violation||Judicial Referral|
|3||Vandalism||01/19/2015 09:15||01/20/2015 09:36||Dudley Avenue||House vandalized by thrown eggs||Open|
|4||Damage of Property||01/18/2015 22:40||01/20/2015 09:37||Pierce Hall||Glass shattered in one of the building’s exterior doors||Open|
|5||Theft from Motor Vehicle||01/20/2015 14:05||01/21/2015 09:13||College Street, in front of Knight Hall||Window of vehicle shattered. Purse reported stolen from vehicle.||Open|
|6||Hate Crime: Intimidation||01/22/2015 approximately 17:00||01/22/2015 20:38||Cralle Student Center||Two students intimidated based on race||Closed|
|7||Damage of Property||01/24/2015 01:28||01/24/2015 01:33||East Campus Entrance||Damage discovered to light pole after being hit by vehicle||Open|
|8||Liquor Law Violation||01/25/2015 00:45||01/25/2015 23:51||Lambda Chi Alpha Residence Hall||5 students referred for disciplinary actions for liquor law violations.||Judicial Referral|
|9||Simple Assault||01/23/2015 time unknown||01/27/2015 21:10||Lambda Chi Alpha Residence Hall||Student reported being punched in the face by another person.||Closed|
|10||Drugs Violation||02/11/2015 18:15||02/11/2015 19:14||Kappa Alpha Residence Hall||Student referred for disciplinary actions for possessing marijuana and drug paraphernalia.||Judicial Referral|
|11||Liquor Law Violation||02/13/2015 around 22:30||02/13/2015 22:57||Lambda Chi Alpha Residence Hall||Student referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violation||Judicial Referral|
|12||Liquor Law Violation||02/13/2015 23:45||02/14/2015 02:30||Lambda Chi Alpha Residence Hall||Student referred for disciplinary actions for liquor law violation.||Judicial Referral|
|13||Theft||02/15/2015 19:00||02/16/2015 00:38||Allen Memorial Hall||Student reported clothes being stolen from laundry room.||Open|
|14||Fire||02/15/2015 18:30||02/16/2015 11:00||Ensor Learning Resource Center near Mulberry Café||Electrical fire caught a bush on fire outside of the Mulberry Café.||Closed|
|15||Theft||02/23/2015 15:00||02/24/2015 13:00||Cralle Student Center – The Grille||Student reported back pack stolen.||Open|
|16||Criminal Damage||02/24/2015 13:00||02/25/2015 12:57||George H.W. Bush Center for Fitness Parking Lot||Student reported hit-and-run damage to vehicle.||Open|
|17||Damage of Property||03/01/2015 01:15||03/01/2015 01:23||Anderson Hall||2 students found damaging ceiling tiles on second floor.||Open|
|18||Damage of Property||02/28/2015 23:00||03/03/2015 17:52||Pi Kappa Alpha Residence Hall||Room door damaged on third floor.||Open|
|19||Drugs Violation||03/05/2015 15:45||03/05/2015 16:00||Phi Kappa Tau Residence Hall||Student referred for disciplinary action for possessing illegal drugs and paraphernalia.||Judicial Referral|
|20||Liquor Law Violation||03/05/2015 16:20||03/05/2015 18:40||Anderson Hall||2 Students referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violations||Judicial Referral|
|21||Liquor Law Violation||03/07/2015 00:30||03/07/2015 03:20||Kappa Alpha Residence Hall||Student referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violation.||Judicial Referral|
|22||Liquor Law Violations||03/07/2015 21:35||03/07/2015 22:31||Collier Hall||4 students referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violations.||Judicial Referral|
|23||Liquor Law Violations||03/07/2015 21:40||03/07/2015 22:45||Collier Hall||2 students referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violations.||Judicial Referral|
|24||Damage of Property||03/07/2015 23:00||03/08/2015 00:02||Anderson Hall||2 students reported for damaging ceiling tiles on the second floor.||Open|
|25||Damage of Property||03/08/2015 01:40||03/08/2015 03:21||Pierce Hall||Mirror in first floor hallway damaged.||Open|
|26||Drugs and Liquor Law Violations||03/08/2015 00:30||03/08/2015 03:18||Anderson Hall||Student referred for disciplinary action for possessing illegal drugs and liquor law violation.||Judicial Referral|
|27||Damage of Property||03/08/2015 01:40||03/08/2015 03:21||Pierce Hall||Mirror in first floor hallway damaged.||Open|
|28||Liquor Law Violations||03/08/2015 20:20||03/08/2015 23:10||Hambrick Village||6 students referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violations.||Judicial Referral|
|29||Liquor Law Violations||03/09/2015 17:00||03/09/2015 17:33||Knight Hall||Student referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violations.||Judicial Referral|
|30||Liquor Law Violations||03/13/2015 14:10||03/13/2015 14:45||Anderson Hall||2 students referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violations.||Judicial Referral|
|31||Theft||03/15/2015 04:57||03/15/2015 06:31||Alpha Gamma Delta Residence Hall||Student reported money had been stolen.||Open|
|32||Damage of Property||date and time unknown||03/16/2015 19:50||East Campus – Football Practice Field||Damage discovered to field goal post.||Open|
|33||Sex Offense – Forcible||03/18/2015 approximately 20:00||03/19/2015 approximately 00:00||Allen Memorial Hall||Sexual assault reported||Open|
|34||Liquor Law Violations||03/27/2015 22:50||03/27/2015 22:50||Lambda Chi Alpha Residence Hall||3 students referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violations.||Judicial Referral|
|35||Liquor Law Violation||03/31/2015 14:40||03/31/2015 15:52||Knight Hall||Student referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violation.||Judicial Referral|
|36||Liquor Law Violation||04/02/2015 15:45||04/02/2015 16:39||Anderson Hall||2 students referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violations.||Judicial Referral|
|37||Drugs Violation||04/04/2015 23:10||04/05/2015 00:24||Pierce Hall||3 students referred for disciplinary action for drugs violations.||Judicial Referral|
|38||Burglary: Unlawful Entry – No Force||04/07/2015 22:45||04/07/2015 23:30||Phi Kappa Tau Residence Hall||Trophies and pictures reported missing from lobby. Building entered through open door.||Open|
|39||Liquor Law Violation, Damage of Property||04/18/2015 00:30||04/18/2015 01:00||Lambda Chi Alpha Residence Hall||Student referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violation. Residence hall window was also shattered.||Judicial Referral|
|40||Damage of Property||04/18/2015 00:30||04/18/2015 01:00||Lambda Chi Alpha Residence Hall||Water fountain damaged on second floor.||Closed|
|41||Theft||04/25/2015 time unknown||04/25/2015 23:10||Lambda Chi Alpha Residence Hall||Television reported stolen from hall’s lobby||Open|
|42||Damage of Property||04/28/2015 19:30||04/28/2015 20:33||East Campus Apartments||Damage found to door threshold at apartment 124||Open|
|43||Liquor Law Violations||04/29/2015 20:30||04/29/2015 21:32||Hambrick Village||Student referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violation.||Judicial Referral|
|44||Damage of Property||05/05/2015 09:45||05/05/2015 10:00||Alpha Gamma Delta Residence Hall||Damage reported to closest in the basement of the building.||Open|
|45||Liquor Law Violation||05/06/2015 23:20||05/07/2015 00:20||Kappa Alpha Residence Hall||One student referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violation.||Judicial Referral|
|46||Burglary: Unlawful Entry- No Force||05/07/2015 00:45||05/07/2015 01:30||Cralle Student Center – Cafeteria||Subject gained access to cafeteria and stole items from convenience store.||Closed|
|47||Fire||05/12/2015 05:30||05/12/2015 08:30||Asher Science Center||A power strip melted on a table against the west wall that caused a fire.||Closed|
|48||Attempted||07/08/2015 19:30-20:00||07/09/2015 10:45||East Campus Softball Complex||Damage found to lock on the storage shed and main building. Attempted forcible entry to door of main building.||Open|
|49||Attempted Unlawful Entry||07/22/2015 21:00||07/22/2015 22:00||Asher Science Center Room 21||Reported attempted unlawful entry. Office window was found open and paper scattered on the floor. No items confirmed missing.||Open|
|50||Kidnapping||08/03/2015 08:00||08/03/2015 13:00||East Campus – Toyota Stadium||Employee reported being kidnapped at gun point by an unknown man. Through investigation, it was found that story was completely fabricated and no kidnapping occurred. The reported of an armed suspect was also completely fabricated.||Unfounded|
|51||Drugs Violation||08/19/2015 13:48||08/19/2015 15:21||Pierce Hall||1 student referred for disciplinary action for possessing marijuana in the residence hall.||Judicial Referral|
|52||Liquor Law Violation||08/19/2015 16:25||08/19/2015 18:41||PHA Residence Hall||1 student referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violation.||Judicial Referral|
|53||Liquor Law Violation||08/21/2015 00:00||08/21/2015 00:00||Kappa Alpha Residence hall||One student referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violation.||Judicial Referral|
|54||Drugs Violation||08/21/2015 17:00||08/21/2015 19:33||Anderson Hall||Student referred for disciplinary action for possessing marijuana in the residence hall.||Judicial Referral|
|55||Liquor Law Violation||08/22/2015 15:45||08/22/2015 16:36||Anderson Hall||7 students referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violations.||Judicial Referral|
|56||Burglary||08/22/2015 20:25||08/22/2015 22:30||Anderson Hall||Students reported money and clothing stolen from their locked residence hall room.||Open|
|57||Exploitation||08/22/2015 time unknown||08/24/2015 09:00am||Pi Kappa Alpha Residence Hall||Two students were filmed on a cell phone during sexual intercourse.||Closed|
|58||Damage of Property||08/24/2015 time unknown||08/24/2015 18:30||Hambrick Village Parking Lot||Hit-and-run damage reported to vehicle.||Open|
|59||Threatening communications||08/26/2015 00:05||08/26/2015 01:50||Pi Kappa Alpha Residence Hall||Student made threatening remarks to another student.||Closed|
|60||Liquor Law Violation||08/27/2015 22:00||08/28/2015 02:40||Lambda Chi Alpha Residence Hall||1 student referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violation.||Judicial referral|
|61||Liquor Law Violation||08/27/2015 22:20||08/27/2015 23:56||Lambda Chi Alpha Residence Hall||1 student referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violation.||Judicial referral|
|62||Liquor Law Violation||08/27/2015 23:00||08/28/2015 00:17||Kappa Delta Residence Hall||3 students referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violations.||Judicial referral|
|63||Liquor Law Violation||08/28/2015 15:30||08/28/2015 15:58||Hambrick Village Residence Hall||3 students referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violations.||Judicial referral|
|64||Damage of Property||08/29/2015 between 14:30 and 15:00||08/29/2015 17:02||East Campus||Damage reported to vehicle.||Open|
|65||Liquor Law Violation||08/29/2015 23:10||08/30/2015 00:37||Pi Kappa Alpha Residence Hall||2 students referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violations.||Judicial referral|
|66||Dating Violence||08/29/2015 23:35||08/30/2015 00:22||Outside of Alumni Gym||Student shoved into wall of building by boyfriend.||Closed|
|67||Damage of Property||09/01/2015 time unknown||09/03/2015 06:10||East Campus||Campus visitor reported car was keyed.||Open|
|68||Sexual Harassment||09/01/2015 22:30||09/01/2015 22:52||Cooke Memorial Building||A non-student male made sexually harassing comments to students.||Open|
|69||Theft||date and time unknown||09/02/2015 09:30||Nunnelly Music Building||Coffee maker reported missing.||Open|
|70||Theft||09/04/2015 23:45||09/05/2015 00:29||Kappa Delta Residence Hall Parking Lot||Pizza delivery driver vehicle sign stolen from vehicle.||Open|
|71||Damage of Property||09/07/2015 time unknown||09/07/2015 18:30||Toyota Stadium||Damage found to water fountain.||Open|
|72||Damage of Property||09/07/2015 time unknown||09/07/2015 18:30||Soccer Building||Damage found to water fountain.||Open|
|73||Sex Offense – Forcible||09/07/2015 Approximately 20:00||09/09/2015 11:00||Anderson Hall||Student reported a sexual assault committed by another student.||Open|
|74||Damage of Property||09/09/2015 00:24||09/09/2015 01:35||Corner of Hollhock Ln. and Clayton Ave.||Stop sign hit by car.||Closed|
|75||Liquor Law Violation||09/09/2015 23:30||09/10/2015 00:07||Kappa Alpha Residence Hall||One student referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violation.||Judicial Referral|
|76||Liquor Law Violation||09/11/2015 21:35||09/11/2015 23:55||Anderson Hall||One student referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violation.||Judicial Referral|
|77||Liquor Law Violation||09/12/2015 01:15||09/12/2015 03:43||Anderson Hall||One students referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violation.||Judicial Referral|
|78||Liquor Law Violation||09/12/2015 01:45||09/12/2015 03:28||East Campus||Two students referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violation.||Judicial Referral|
|79||Dating Violence and Damage of Property||09/12/2015 23:30||09/13/2015 06:30||Hambrick Village||Threat of violence in a dating relationship. Damage also occurred to the door of an apartment unit.||Open|
|80||Liquor Law Violation||09/13/2015 02:45||09/13/2015 06:36||Anderson Hall||One students referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violation.||Judicial Referral|
|81||Theft from motor vehicle||09/13/2015 09:00||09/13/2015 11:30||Knight Hall Parking Lot||Items reported stolen from vehicle.||Open|
|82||Damage of Property||09/15/2015 13:00||09/18/2015 17:56||Anderson Hall||Student reported to have broken ceiling tiles in residence hall.||Open|
|83||Arrests: Liquor Law Violations||09/19/2015 approximately 22:30||09/20/2015 04:17||Kappa Alpha Residence Hall||Two arrested for Liquor Law Violations.||Open|
|84||Arrests: Liquor Law Violations||09/19/2015 approximately 22:30||09/20/2015 04:17||Hambrick Village Residence Hall||Three arrested for Liquor Law Violations||Open|
|85||Arrests: Liquor Law Violations||09/19/2015 approximately 22:30||09/20/2015 04:17||East Campus Apartments||Eight students arrested for liquor law violations.||Open|
|86||Liquor Law Violation||09/23/2015 00:00||09/28/2015 18:01||Anderson Hall||Student referred for disciplinary actions for liquor law violation.||Judicial Referral|
|87||Damage of Property||09/23/2015 00:00||09/28/2015 18:01||Anderson Hall||Student damaged paper towel dispenser in hall bathroom.||Closed|
|88||Damage of Property||09/30/2015 01:40||10/02/2015 01:50||Phi Kappa Tau Hall||Student damaged doorknob of residence hall room.||Closed|
|89||Liquor Law Violation||10/04/2015 03:30||10/05/2015 04:00||Kappa Alpha Hall||Threestudents referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violation.|
|90||Criminal Mischief||10/04/2015 04:30||10/04/2015 04:44||Pi Kappa Alpha Residence Hall Parking Lot||Two male suspects were seen attempting to gain entry into motor vehicles.||Open|
|91||Liquor Law Violation||10/05/2015 15:55||10/05/2015 16:23||Collier Hall||Student referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violation.||Judicial Referral|
|92||Liquor Law Violation||10/06/2015 11:25||10/06/2015 11:56||Anderson Hall||Two students referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violation.||Closed|
Definitions of Crimes
The following are definitions of crimes under The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act) and are included in this report. These definitions come from the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s “Uniform Crime Reporting” (UCR).
- Murder & Non-Negligent Manslaughter — The willful killing of one human being by another.
- Negligent Manslaughter — The killing of another person through gross negligence.
- Robbery — The taking or attempting to take anything of value from the care, custody, or control of a person or persons by force or threat of force or violence and/or by putting the victim in fear.
- Aggravated Assault — An unlawful attack by one person upon another for the purpose of inflicting severe or aggravated bodily injury. This type of assault usually is accompanied by the use of a weapon or by means likely to produce death or great bodily harm. (It is not necessary that injury result from an aggravated assault when a gun, knife, or other weapon is used which could, and probably would, result in serious personal injury if the crime were successfully completed.)
- Burglary — The unlawful entry of a structure to commit a felony or a theft. For reporting purposes this definition includes: unlawful entry with intent to commit a larceny or felony; breaking and entering with intent to commit a larceny; housebreaking; safecracking; and all attempts to commit any of the aforementioned.
- Motor Vehicle Theft — The theft or attempted theft of a motor vehicle. (Classify as motor vehicle theft all cases where automobiles are taken by persons not having lawful access even though the vehicles are later abandoned, including joyriding.)
- Arson — Any willful or malicious burning or attempt to burn, with or without intent to defraud, a dwelling house, public building, motor vehicle or aircraft, personal property of another, etc.
- Arrests for Weapon Law Violations — The violation of laws or ordinances dealing with weapon offenses, regulatory in nature, such as: manufacture, sale, or possession of deadly weapons; carrying deadly weapons, concealed or openly; furnishing deadly weapons to minors; aliens possessing deadly weapons; and all attempts to commit any of the aforementioned.
- Arrests for Drug Abuse Violations — Violations of State and local laws relating to the unlawful possession, sale, use, growing, manufacturing, and making of narcotic drugs. The relevant substances include: opium or cocaine and their derivatives (morphine, heroin, codeine); marijuana; synthetic narcotics and dangerous nonnarcotic drugs
- Arrests for Liquor Law Violations — The violation of laws or ordinances prohibiting: the manufacture, sale, transporting, furnishing, possessing of intoxicating liquor; maintaining unlawful drinking places; bootlegging; operating a still; furnishing liquor to a minor or intemperate person; using a vehicle for illegal transportation of liquor; drinking on a train or public conveyance; and all attempts to commit any of the aforementioned. (Drunkenness & driving under the influence are not included in this definition.)
- Disciplinary Referrals for Weapon Law Violations
- Disciplinary Referrals for Drug Abuse Violations
- Disciplinary Referrals for Liquor Law Violations
- Hate Crimes
- Sex Offenses
- Forcible — Any sexual act directed against another person, forcibly and/or against that person’s will; or not forcibly or against the person’s will where the victim is incapable of giving consent. ii.
- Nonforcible — Unlawful, nonforcible sexual intercourse.
- Incest. Nonforcible sexual intercourse between persons who are related to each other within the degrees wherein marriage is prohibited by law.
- Statutory Rape. Nonforcible sexual intercourse with a person who is under the statutory age of consent.
- Domestic Violence — Felony or misdemeanor crimes of violence committed —
- By a current or former spouse or intimate partner of the victim;
- By a person whom the victim shares a child in common;
- By a person who is cohabitating with or has cohabitated with the victim as a spouse or intimate partner;
- By a person similarly situated to a spouse of the victim under the domestic violence laws of the jurisdiction in which the crime of violence occurred; or
- By any other person against an adult or youth victim who is protected from the person’s acts under the domestic or family violence laws of the jurisdiction in which the crime of violence occurred.
- Dating Violence — Violence committed by a person —
- Who is or has been in a social relationship of a romantic or intimate nature with the victim and
- The existence of such a relationship shall be based on the reporting party’s statement and with consideration of the length of the relationship, the type of relationship, and the frequency of interaction between the persons involved in the relationship.
For the purposes of this definition —
- Dating violence includes, but is not limited to, sexual or physical abuse or the threat of such abuse.
- Dating violence does not include acts covered under the definition of domestic violence.
18. Stalking — Engaging in a course of conduct directed at a specific person that would cause a reasonable person to —
- Fear for the person’s safety or the safety of others; or
- Suffer substantial emotional distress.
For the purposes of this definition —
- Course of conduct means two or more acts, including, but not limited to, acts with the stalker directly, indirectly, or through third parties, by any action, method, device, or means follows, observes, serveils, threatens, or communicates to or about, a person, or interferes with a person’s property.
- Substantial emotional distress means significant mental suffering or anguish that may, but does not necessarily, require medical or professional treatment of counseling.
- Reasonable persons means a reasonable person under similar circumstances and with similar identities to the victim.
 34 C.F.R. Part 668, Appendix E to Part 668.47.