Survey after survey and study after study confirms it: what sets GC apart is the relationships. Nowhere is this more true than between faculty and students, and never will this matter more than this fall.
Changing the Academic Calendar
For fall 2020, we are making two major changes to the schedule.
Early Start: Classes will begin on August 10, 2020, and Finals will conclude on November 24, 2020. The only break will be between the two subsessions.
Subsessions: Students will complete two subsessions within the fall semester, with their classes split between the two subsessions. A student signed up for five classes, for example, might complete two classes in Subsession One, and three classes in Subsession Two.
|Subsession One||August 10-September 28, 2020|
|First Day of Classes||August 10|
|Last Day of Classes||September 28|
|Final Exams||September 29-30|
|Mid-Session Break||October 1|
|Subsession Two||October 2-November 20, 2020|
|First Day of Classes||October 2|
|Last Day of Classes||November 20|
|Final Exams||November 23-24|
This will require that student class schedules be adapted for this fall. The Registrar has now created a new schedule for every student, and these schedules are available on the portal (my.georgetowncollege.edu). For new students, if you need help accessing your portal, please see the directions that were emailed to you from Jason Snider or contact your admission counselor.
How to Read Your Fall 2020 Schedule
- Courses with a 1 in the section (ex. 1A) are in the first subsession.
- Courses with a 2 in the section (ex. 2A) are in the second subsession.
- Courses without a number in the section (ex. A) extend through the full fall term (this is rare).
- Most classes meet Monday (M), Tuesday (T), Thursday (R), and Friday (F). Wednesdays (W) are reserved for science labs, art studio time, and other similar requirements.
- Classes with a location of DIST WEB will be taught online. If a time is listed, you should plan to attend a live session of the course (likely via Zoom). If no time is listed, the instructor will let you know the expectations for the course.
- You must be enrolled in at least 12 credit hours to be considered full time. These credits hours must be split between the two subsessions. You must take courses in both subsessions in order to be considered full time for financial aid AND athletic eligibility.
- You may view courses by subsession via the GC Portal (Academics > Course Search)
- Fall One Term – FA F1 2020
- Fall Two Term – FA F2 2020
- Athletes: You do NOT need to change your schedule to accommodate athletic time conflicts. However, you SHOULD contact your coach to make them aware.
Changing Your Schedule
- In order to change your schedule, you must contact the Office of the Registrar via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include your name, Student ID number, and the changes you want to make. It may take up to one business day to receive a response as we work with students to adjust schedules.
- You may change your schedule through the add/drop period which will end on August 12 for the first subsession. There will be a second add/drop period for the second subsession.
- If you aren’t sure what changes you would like to make, please contact the Office of the Registrar at email@example.com or Academic Success at Academic_Success@georgetowncollege.edu.