Daily Crime and Fire Log
Georgetown College updates the Daily Crime and Fire Log within two business days and includes all crimes reported to the Georgetown College Campus Safety Department. The log is available during business hours at Georgetown College Campus Safety, 400 East College Street, Georgetown, KY 40324. A hard copy of this log can be requested in the Campus Safety office. Below is the Daily Crime and Fire Log for incidents that have been reported during the current calendar year. You will also find archived logs for previous years by clicking on the desired year.
2017 Crime and Fire Log
|Classification (Nature of Crime)||Date/Time of Incident||Date/Time Reported||Location||Description||Disposition||Reported By|
|1||Theft||Between 12/29/2016 and 01/03/2017 Time Unknown||01/03/2017||Rucker Village||Student reported personal items being stolen from apartment room, including laptop and other electronics.||Open||Georgetown College|
|2||Damage of Property||01/07/2017 Time Unknown||01/07/2017 14:15||East Campus||Damaged caused by vehicle driving through grass.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|3||Damage of Property||01/09/2017 16:30||01/09/2017 14:15||East Campus – Football Stadium||Damaged caused by vehicle driving through grass.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|4||Liquor Law Violation||01/15/2017 02:30||01/15/2017 03:28||East Campus Apartments||Student referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violation.||Judicial Referral||Georgetown College|
|5||Damage of Property||01/16/2017 13:30||01/16/2017 15:00||George H.W. Bush Recreation Center||Damaged found to an emergency exit light.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|6||Theft from Motor Vehicle||01/17/2017 15:30||01/18/2017 12:45||Kappa Delta Parking Lot||Insurance card reported stolen from unlocked motor vehicle.||Open||Georgetown College|
|7||Theft from Motor Vehicle||01/17/2017 18:30||01/18/2017 11:15||Kappa Delta Parking Lot||Change reported stolen from locked motor vehicle.||Open||Georgetown College|
|8||Theft from Motor Vehicle||Evening of 01/17/2017 or morning of 01/18/2017||01/19/2017 09:10||Kappa Delta Parking Lot||Money reported stolen from locked motor vehicle.||Open||Georgetown College|
|9||Weapons Violation||01/19/2017 21:30||01/20/2017 03:00||Anderson Hall||Student referred for disciplinary for a weapons violation for possessing a pocket knife.||Judicial Referral||Georgetown College|
|10||Motor Vehicle Theft||01/25/2017 22:00||01/27/2017 13:37||East Campus Apartments||Student reported their car being stolen; keys were left in the vehicle.||Open||Georgetown College|
|11||Drugs Violation||01/25/2017 22:30||01/25/2017 23:21||Anderson Hall Parking Lot||Three students referred for disciplinary action for drugs violations.||Judicial Referral||Georgetown College|
|12||Theft||01/26/2017 Time Unknown||01/26/2017 12:50||East Campus Apartments||Student reported money and credit cards stolen from personal wallet.||Open||Georgetown College|
|13||Liquor Law Violation||01/26/2017 15:40||01/26/2017 17:02||Anderson Hall||Student referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violation.||Judicial Referral||Georgetown College|
|14||Theft from Motor Vehicle||01/27/2017 20:30||01/27/2017 21:00||East College St. near Alumni Gym||Student reported wallet and car charger stolen from inside locked motor vehicle. No signs of forced entry found.||Open||Georgetown College|
|15||Vandalism||01/27/2017 22:30||01/28/2017 06:23||East Campus Athletic Complex||Graffiti found on the side of the Evelyn Wilson building.||Open||Georgetown College|
|16||Liquor Law Violation||01/28/2017 00:00||01/28/2017 00:27||Lambda Chi Alpha Residence Hall||Four students were referred for disciplinary action for a liquor law violation.||Judicial Referral||Georgetown College|
|17||Liquor Law Violation||01/28/2017 00:00||01/28/2017 00:36||Kappa Alpha Residence Hall||Student was referred for disciplinary action for a liquor law violation.||Judicial Referral||Georgetown College|
|18||Assault||01/28/2017 16:09||01/28/2017 16:09||Avondale Ave.||Domestic incident occurred off campus.||Closed||Georgetown Police Department|
|19||Vandalism/Damage of Property||Between 01/28-01/30/2017 Time Unknown||02/01/2017 08:45||Hambrick Village Parking Lot||Damage and graffiti found to College vehicles.||Open||Georgetown College|
|20||Liquor Law Violations||02/03/2017 20:45||02/04/2017 00:50||Anderson Hall||Two students referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violations.||Judicial Referral||Georgetown College|
|21||Attempted Theft||02/04/2017 19:00||02/04/2017 19:30||Pi Kappa Alpha Residence Hall Parking Lot||Report of unknown subject attempting to gain access to motor vehicles. No signs of theft were found.||Open||Georgetown College|
|22||Menacing||02/07/2017 20:30||02/08/2017 03:30||Ensor Learning Resource Center||Unknown male subject reported in library approaching students in a menacning fashion. Subject was described as being roughly 6 feet tall, in his 40’s, having dark, shaggy hair, a dark shaggy beard, dark eyes and a stocky build. He was wearing a long sleeved shirt with a t-shirt on top and a black baseball cap. Subject has been identified and trespassed from campus.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|23||Drugs||02/08/2017 18:00||02/08/2017 19:02||Anderson Hall||Two students referred for disciplinary action for drugs violations.||Judicial Referral||Georgetown College|
|24||Damage of Property||02/08/2017 Time Unknown||02/10/2017 09:20||Intramural Field – adjacent to Hambrick Village||Damage caused to grounds by vehicle driving through grass.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|25||Criminal Mischief||02/09/2017 08:00||02/09/2017 08:00||West College Street||Suspicious male reported behind the caller’s fence. Suspect was gone by time of arrival of GPD.||Closed||Georgetown Police Department|
|26||Vandalism||02/09/2017 Time Unknown||02/10/2017 09:20||Allen Hall Kitchen||Graffiti found painted on wall in the building’s kitchen.||Open||Georgetown College|
|27||Damage of Property||02/12/2017 16:30||02/12/2017 17:25||Anderson Hall – Second and Third floor hallways||Damage reported to multiple ceiling tiles and an Emergency Exit sign.||Open||Georgetown College|
|28||Damage of Property||02/17/2017 18:10||02/17/2017 22:35||Alumni Gym||The lock on the concession stand was cut. No items were missing from the concession stand.||Open||Georgetown College|
|29||Simple Assault||02/18/2017 22:14||02/18/2017 22:14||Hambrick Village||Physical altercation involving students.||Closed||Georgetown Police Department|
|30||Sexual Exploitation||02/18/2017 Time Unknown||02/24/2017 10:30||Anderson Hall||Student filmed on cell phone without consent.||Open||Georgetown College|
|31||Liquor Law Violations||02/19/2017 00:10||02/19/2017 02:33||Rucker Village||11 students referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violations.||Judicial Referral||Georgetown College|
|32||Sexual Harassment||02/19/2017 00:30||02/19/2017 04:00||South Campus Quad||Three students made sexually harassing comments to another student.||Open||Georgetown College|
|33||Hate Crime – Race. Simple Assault||02/19/2017 01:17||02/19/2017 04:00||Anderson Hall||Physical altercation between students regarding use of a racial slur.||Open||Georgetown College|
|34||Criminal Mischief/Theft||02/20/2017 04:56||02/20/2017 04:56||Military Avenue||Theft occurred at a home off-campus.||Open||Georgetown Police Department|
|35||Theft from Motor Vehicle||02/20/2017 06:46||02/20/2017 06:46||Military Avenue||Electronics stolen from motor vehicle off campus||Open||Georgetown Police Department|
|36||Theft||02/20/2017 22:00||02/21/2017 01:59||Anderson Hall||Fire extinguisher reported missing from the second floor west stairwell.||Open||Georgetown College|
|37||Theft from Motor Vehicle||02/21/2017 15:30||02/21/2017 21:55||Phi Kappa Tau Parking Lot||Spare change reported stolen from student’s motor vehicle.||Open||Georgetown College|
|38||Damage of Property||Date and Time Unknown||02/22/2017 04:14||Anderson Hall||Damage found in multiple, unoccupied, rooms on the second and third floors.||Open||Georgetown College|
|39||Theft from Motor Vehicle||02/23/2017 21:29||02/23/2017 21:29||Clayton Avenue||Theft occurred from a motor vehicle off campus.||Open||Georgetown Police Department|
|40||Assault||02/24/2017 22:48||02/24/2017 22:48||East Main Street||Assault occurred at the Shell Gas Station off campus.||Open||Georgetown Police Department|
|41||Burglary||Between 02/24/2017 21:00 and 02/26/2017 21:00||02/27/2017 03:30||Collier Hall||Medication reported stolen from locked residence hall room while the residents were away for the weekend.||Open||Georgetown College|
|42||Damage of Property/Vandalism||Date and Time Unknown||02/26/2017 16:00||Anderson Hall East Parking Lot||Four tires of a student’s vehicle were cut by an unknown subject.||Open||Georgetown College|
|43||Domestic Violence||02/27/2017 18:25||02/27/2017 18:25||Avondale Avenue||Domestic incident occurred off campus.||Open||Georgetown Police Department|
|44||Priority One Fire Alarm||03/01/2017 19:00||03/02/2017 09:15||Knight Hall||Fire alarm activated due to suspected e-cigarette use.||Open||Georgetown College|
|45||Burglary||Date/Time Unknown||03/03/2017 21:47||Avondale Avenue||Burglary occurred at a residence off campus.||Open||Georgetown Police Department|
|46||Armed Burglary||03/04/2017 08:36||03/04/2017 08:36||Avondale Avenue||Armed burglary occurred at a residence off campus.||Open||Georgetown Police Department|
|47||Terroristic Threatening||Date/Time Unknown||03/04/2017 14:19||Clayton Avenue||Terroristic threats made off campus.||Open||Georgetown Police Department|
|48||Theft||03/10/2017 Time Unknown||04/10/2017 14:30||Hambrick Village||Student reported medication was stolen or missing from residence hall room.||Open||Georgetown College|
|49||Liquor Law Violations||03/13/2017 19:00||03/13/2017 23:24||Pi Kappa Alpha Residence Hall||Two students referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violations.||Judicial Referral||Georgetown College|
|50||Liquor Law Violations||03/13/2017 20:10||03/13/2017 23:40||Lambda Chi Alpha Residence Hall||Two students referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violations.||Judicial Referral||Georgetown College|
|51||Liquor Law Violations||03/13/2017 21:20||03/13/2017 11:50||President’s House Association Residence Hall||One student referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violation.||Judicial Referral||Georgetown College|
|52||Drugs Violations||03/15/2017 21:00||03/16/2017 00:24||East Campus Apartments||Two students referred for disciplinary action for drugs violations.||Judicial Referral||Georgetown College|
|53||Drugs Violations||03/15/2017 21:00||03/16/2017 00:24||East Campus Apartments||Three students referred for disciplinary action for drugs violations.||Judicial Referral||Georgetown College|
|54||Theft||Date and Time Unknown||03/21/2017 17:53||Toyota Stadium||AED reported stolen from the stadium.||Open||Georgetown College|
|55||Damage of Property||03/24/2017 – 03/25/2017 Time Unknown||03/25/2017 11:00||Allen Hall Parking Lot||Damage caused to student vehicle in hit-and-run accident.||Open||Georgetown College|
|56||Liquor Law Violations||03/26/2017 00:00||03/26/2017 14:00||Rucker Village||6 students referred for disciplinary action for Liquor Law Violations.||Judicial Referral||Georgetown College|
|57||Damage of Property||03/27/2017 Time Unknown||03/27/2017 09:41||Lambda Chi Alpha Parking Lot||Damage found to tires of student’s vehicle.||Open||Georgetown College|
|58||Criminal Mischief||04/02/2017 13:14||04/02/2017 13:14||Military Street||Suspect painted the victim’s yard.||Open||Georgetown Police Department|
|59||Theft||04/03/2017 00:00||04/03/2017 05:22||Jackson Street Parking Spaces||License plate possibly stolen from student’s car.||Open||Georgetown College|
|60||Damage of Property||04/06/2017 06:20||04/06/2017 06:30||Asher Science Building||Glass on the front right door was found broken.||Open||Georgetown College|
|61||Liquor Law Violation||04/09/2017 00:00||04/09/2017 01:00||Lambda Chi Alpha Residence Hall||Student referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violation.||Judicial Referral||Georgetown College|
|62||Liquor Law Violation||04/09/2017 03:41||04/09/2017 05:34||Anderson Hall||Student referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violation.||Judicial Referral||Georgetown College|
|63||Damage of Property||04/10/2017 23:45||04/11/2017 04:00||Hambrick Village Parking Lot||Damage reported to student’s vehicle that may have been caused by an attempted entry to the vehicle.||Open||Georgetown College|
|64||Arrest – Traffic Stop||04/11/2017 14:32||04/11/2017 14:32||East Main Street and Memorial Drive||Subject arrested as a result of a traffic stop.||Open||Georgetown Police Department|
|65||Damage of Property||04/12/2017 Between 15:00 and 17:25||04/12/2017 17:30||East Campus Apartments Building #4||Bedroom window found broken.||Open||Georgetown College|
|66||Burglary||Between 4/14/2017 at 15:30 and 4/16/2017 at 12:30||04/17/2017 10:28||Anderson Hall||Electronics reported missing from locked residence hall room.||Open||Georgetown College|
|67||Priority 2 Fire Alarm||04/16/2017 04:19||04/16/2017 18:40||Anderson Hall||Fire alarm activated due to student vaping in residence hall room.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|68||Damage of Property||04/20/2017 22:54||04/21/2017 06:03||Pi Kappa Alpha Residence Hall Parking Lot||Damage reported to student’s vehicle. Cause of the damage is unknown.||Open||Georgetown College|
|69||Theft||04/22/2017 00:30||05/04/2017 14:00||Collier Hall||Money reported stolen from a residence hall room.||Open||Georgetown College|
|70||Priority 2 Fire Alarm||04/25/2017 14:56||04/25/2017 17:45||Anderson Hall||Fire alarm activated due to student vaping in residence hall room.||Closed||Georgetown College|
|71||Liquor Law Violations||04/29/2017 12:30||04/29/2017 03:15||Lambda Chi Alpha Residence Hall||Two students referred for disciplinary action for liquor law violations.||Judicial Referral||Georgetown College|
|72||Damage of Property||04/30/2017 02:56||04/30/2017 03:40||Anderson Hall||A window on the second floor, east side of building, was found broken.||Open||Georgetown College|
|73||Damage of Property||05/03/2017 12:05||05/03/2017 12:50||Anderson West Parking Lot||Damage found to employee’s car. Back driver’s side door had been scratched.||Open||Georgetown College|
|74||Damage of Property||05/04/2017 Time Unknown||05/04/2017 20:28||Anderson Hall||Multiple ceiling tiles found broken on the second floor hallway.||Open||Georgetown College|
|75||Domestic Violence||05/05/2017 08:34||05/05/2017 08:34||Clayton Avenue||Domestic incident with assault on a male subject occurred off campus.||Open||Georgetown Police Department|
|76||Damage of Property||05/05/2017 Time Unknown||05/06/2017 09:00||Sigma Kappa Residence Hall Parking Lot||Damage reported to student’s vehicle. Cause of the damage is unknown.||Open||Georgetown College|
|77||Fire||05/09/2017 07:37||05/09/2017 07:37||Clayton Avenue||Vehicle fire occurred off campus.||Closed||Georgetown Police Department|
|78||Theft||05/09/2017 12:45||05/09/2017 13:50||Anderson Hall||One roommate reported his room key stolen. That key was then used to steal electronic items from the second roommate.||Open||Georgetown College|
|79||Theft||05/09/2017 14:00||05/12/2017 14:50||Dudley Street||Traffic cones reported stolen from Dudley Street near the Phi Kappa Tau Residence Hall.||Open||Georgetown College|
|80||Fire||05/13/2017 00:30||05/13/2017 02:58||East Campus Apartments||Couch found burning near the apartments.||Open||Georgetown College|
|81||Theft from Motor Vehicle||Between 05/13/2017 17:00 and 05/14/2017 08:30||05/14/2017 08:30||East Main Street||Money reported stolen from vehicle located off campus.||Open||Georgetown Police Department|
|82||Theft from Motor Vehicle||Date/Time Unknown||05/14/2017 09:00||Avondale Avenue||Money reported stolen from vehicle located off campus.||Open||Georgetown Police Department|
|83||Motor Vehicle Theft||Between 05/22/2017 09:00 and 05/22/2017 11:45||05/22/2017 11:48||East Jackson St./Dudley Avenue||Motor vehicle reported stolen.||Open||Georgetown Police Department|
|84||Damage of Property||05/23/2017 21:30||05/24/2017 03:00||Kappa Alpha Residence Hall||Glass broken in the stairwell.||Open||Georgetown College|
|85||Motor Vehicle Theft||Between 06/07/2017 23:00 and 06/08/2017 07:28||06/08/2017 07:30||Clayton Avenue||Motor vehicle reported stolen.||Open||Georgetown Police Department|
|86||Theft/Damage of Property||Date/Time Unknown||06/8/2017 14:25||Rucker Village||Donor nameplate reported missing from light pole at Rucker Village.||Open||Georgetown College|
|87||Criminal Mischief||Date/Time Unknown||06/10/2017 05:15||Clayton Avenue||Vehicle broken into off campus.||Open||Georgetown Police Department|
|88||Assault||06/18/2017 21:19||06/18/2017 21:19||East Main Street||Assault occurred at a residence off campus.||Closed||Georgetown Police Department|
|89||Theft from Motor Vehicle||Date/Time Unknown||06/19/2017 13:13||Maddox Street||Theft from a motor vehicle occurred off campus.||Closed||Georgetown Police Department|
|90||Simple Assault||06/21/2017 23:39||06/21/2017 23:39||East Jackson Street||Fight occurred between family members at a residence off campus||Closed||Georgetown Police Department|
|91||Assault||06/30/2017 16:31||06/21/2017 16:31||Maddox Street||Assault occurred at a residence off campus||Closed||Georgetown Police Department|
|92||Fire||07/02/2017 20:29||07/02/2017 20:29||East Jackson Street||Fire occurred at a residence off campus||Closed||Georgetown Police Department|
|93||Burglary||07/05/2017 15:30||07/06/2017 05:15||Knight Hall||Residence hall room was entered and a safe containing money and jewelry was stolen. The items have since been returned.||Open||Georgetown College|
|94||Fire||07/06/2017 17:51||07/06/2017 17:51||Maddox Street||Vehicle fire occurred off campus||Open||Georgetown Police Department|
|95||Assault||07/09/2017 04:09||07/09/2017 04:09||Knight Hall||Assault occurred at a residence off campus.||Close||Georgetown Police Department|
Definitions of Crimes
The following are definitions of crimes under The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act) and are included in this report. These definitions come from the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s “Uniform Crime Reporting” (UCR).
- Murder & Non-Negligent Manslaughter — The willful killing of one human being by another.
- Negligent Manslaughter — The killing of another person through gross negligence.
- Robbery — The taking or attempting to take anything of value from the care, custody, or control of a person or persons by force or threat of force or violence and/or by putting the victim in fear.
- Aggravated Assault — An unlawful attack by one person upon another for the purpose of inflicting severe or aggravated bodily injury. This type of assault usually is accompanied by the use of a weapon or by means likely to produce death or great bodily harm. (It is not necessary that injury result from an aggravated assault when a gun, knife, or other weapon is used which could, and probably would, result in serious personal injury if the crime were successfully completed.)
- Burglary — The unlawful entry of a structure to commit a felony or a theft. For reporting purposes this definition includes: unlawful entry with intent to commit a larceny or felony; breaking and entering with intent to commit a larceny; housebreaking; safecracking; and all attempts to commit any of the aforementioned.
- Motor Vehicle Theft — The theft or attempted theft of a motor vehicle. (Classify as motor vehicle theft all cases where automobiles are taken by persons not having lawful access even though the vehicles are later abandoned, including joyriding.)
- Arson — Any willful or malicious burning or attempt to burn, with or without intent to defraud, a dwelling house, public building, motor vehicle or aircraft, personal property of another, etc.
- Arrests for Weapon Law Violations — The violation of laws or ordinances dealing with weapon offenses, regulatory in nature, such as: manufacture, sale, or possession of deadly weapons; carrying deadly weapons, concealed or openly; furnishing deadly weapons to minors; aliens possessing deadly weapons; and all attempts to commit any of the aforementioned.
- Arrests for Drug Abuse Violations — Violations of State and local laws relating to the unlawful possession, sale, use, growing, manufacturing, and making of narcotic drugs. The relevant substances include: opium or cocaine and their derivatives (morphine, heroin, codeine); marijuana; synthetic narcotics and dangerous nonnarcotic drugs
- Arrests for Liquor Law Violations — The violation of laws or ordinances prohibiting: the manufacture, sale, transporting, furnishing, possessing of intoxicating liquor; maintaining unlawful drinking places; bootlegging; operating a still; furnishing liquor to a minor or intemperate person; using a vehicle for illegal transportation of liquor; drinking on a train or public conveyance; and all attempts to commit any of the aforementioned. (Drunkenness & driving under the influence are not included in this definition.)
- Disciplinary Referrals for Weapon Law Violations
- Disciplinary Referrals for Drug Abuse Violations
- Disciplinary Referrals for Liquor Law Violations
- Hate Crimes
- Sex Offenses
- Forcible — Any sexual act directed against another person, forcibly and/or against that person’s will; or not forcibly or against the person’s will where the victim is incapable of giving consent. ii.
- Nonforcible — Unlawful, nonforcible sexual intercourse.
- Incest. Nonforcible sexual intercourse between persons who are related to each other within the degrees wherein marriage is prohibited by law.
- Statutory Rape. Nonforcible sexual intercourse with a person who is under the statutory age of consent.
- Domestic Violence — Felony or misdemeanor crimes of violence committed —
- By a current or former spouse or intimate partner of the victim;
- By a person whom the victim shares a child in common;
- By a person who is cohabitating with or has cohabitated with the victim as a spouse or intimate partner;
- By a person similarly situated to a spouse of the victim under the domestic violence laws of the jurisdiction in which the crime of violence occurred; or
- By any other person against an adult or youth victim who is protected from the person’s acts under the domestic or family violence laws of the jurisdiction in which the crime of violence occurred.
- Dating Violence — Violence committed by a person —
- Who is or has been in a social relationship of a romantic or intimate nature with the victim and
- The existence of such a relationship shall be based on the reporting party’s statement and with consideration of the length of the relationship, the type of relationship, and the frequency of interaction between the persons involved in the relationship.
For the purposes of this definition —
- Dating violence includes, but is not limited to, sexual or physical abuse or the threat of such abuse.
- Dating violence does not include acts covered under the definition of domestic violence.
18. Stalking — Engaging in a course of conduct directed at a specific person that would cause a reasonable person to —
- Fear for the person’s safety or the safety of others; or
- Suffer substantial emotional distress.
For the purposes of this definition —
- Course of conduct means two or more acts, including, but not limited to, acts with the stalker directly, indirectly, or through third parties, by any action, method, device, or means follows, observes, serveils, threatens, or communicates to or about, a person, or interferes with a person’s property.
- Substantial emotional distress means significant mental suffering or anguish that may, but does not necessarily, require medical or professional treatment of counseling.
- Reasonable persons means a reasonable person under similar circumstances and with similar identities to the victim.
 34 C.F.R. Part 668, Appendix E to Part 668.47.