Audition for Admission
The following audition guidelines are for music electives who wish to be considered for ensemble scholarships.
All students should provide:
- High School Grade Point Average (GPA);
- ACT score–click here for SAT to ACT Conversion Chart (GC uses only the Critical Reading and Math scores, i.e., the chart on the left of page one);
- Completed music audition application form (sent when the audition is scheduled).
- Prepared solo;
- Chromatic scale covering the entire range of the instrument;
- Selected major scales/arpeggios;
- Sight reading material.
- Prepare a minimum of one memorized vocal selection. Students may be asked to vocalize and/or sightread for the voice faculty.