Audition Dates for Fall 2016 Admission
- Saturday, February 20, 2016: Wind & Percussion Instruments and Voices.
- Saturday, March 5, 2016: Wind & Percussion Instruments and Voices.
Individual appointments are available in the event of conflicts.
All auditions must be scheduled by March 1 in order to be considered for music scholarships.
- Step 1: Complete college application prior to March 1, 2016
- Step 2: Sign up to audition on one of the three official dates above.
- Step 3: Collect $250 per year (Audition Grant) in addition to other scholarships or awards for which you may be eligible.
Schedule an Audition
To schedule an audition for Fall 2015 admission, please call Dr. Sonny Burnette at 502-863-8112, or you may reach him at Sonny_Burnette@georgetowncollege.edu.
To request information regarding applying to Georgetown College, please contact our Admissions Office at 1-800-788-9985.
Audition by recording (CD/DVD, etc.) is possible for students who reside a significant distance from campus, however, a live audition must be completed at Georgetown College during the registration period prior to the start of classes in the fall.
If you will need an accompanist, please let us know when you schedule your audition. Thank you!
The following audition guidelines are for music electives who wish to be considered for ensemble scholarships.
All students should provide:
- High School Grade Point Average (GPA);
- ACT score–click here for SAT to ACT Conversion Chart (GC uses only the Critical Reading and Math scores, i.e., the chart on the left of page one);
- Completed music audition application form (sent when the audition is scheduled).
- Prepared solo;
- Chromatic scale covering the entire range of the instrument;
- Selected major scales/arpeggios;
- Sight reading material.
- Prepare a minimum of one memorized vocal selection. Students may be asked to vocalize and/or sightread for the voice faculty.