According to guidelines for use of cable television services policy Georgetown College provides non-premium and campus access cable television services in college owned buildings to all faculty, students and staff who accept the following guidelines.
1. The college provides non-premium and campus access cable television services to faculty, students and staff for academic and administrative purposes. The college also provides these services to students for personal enjoyment. Georgetown College encourages its faculty and staff to use these cable television services to perform their academic and professional activities. Use of cable television services for other purposes should be by prior consent from th Information Technology Steering Committee. These cable television services should not be used for illegal purposes.
2. Individual users will neither modify nor move from its installed location any college owned cable television resource without prior approval from Information Technology Services.
3. Individual users remain responsible for the abuse of cable television services assigned to them. It is not acceptable for users to interfere with or disrupt campus life. Disruptions include, but are not limited to: harassing or disturbing others by misuse of the television; transmitting slanderous or harassing materials; or transmitting gratuitously violent, pornographic or obscene information.
4. Individual users will respect all copyrights and licenses on video software. It is not acceptable to televise, copy, or modify video programs without the explicit permission of the author. Video software provided by Georgetown College on its cable television system is provided only for internal use and should not be copied for personal use, transferred to non-college owned equipment or modified in any way.
5. Georgetown College reserves the right without notice to limit or restrict any individual user’s or campus-wide access to cable television services. The college and its commercial provider also reserve the right to check periodically any system or take any other action necessary to protect its cable television services. The college disclaims responsibility for loss of software or temporary loss of access resulting from its efforts to maintain the appropriate use of its cable television service. The college cannot guarantee protection against media failure or data loss.