Information Technology Services provides technology support services to the faculty, staff, and students of Georgetown College. The specific areas of support are voice communications, data networking, computing, media services, academic consulting services, and training.
The purpose of the Computer Replacement Policy is as follows:
- Create minimum hardware and software standards for computing resources.
- Reduce support costs due to obsolete and under resourced computers.
- Eliminate the need for multiple versions of the same software due to under resourced systems.
- Maximize return on investment in Microsoft software.
- Control network related expenses.
- Protect institutional data and programs by not using obsolete computer systems.
GUIDELINES AND RESTRICTIONS:
- Computers upgraded by ITS as part of a centralized technology replacement program will be recovered by ITS.
- No redistribution of the original equipment will be permitted within the area/department without the approval of ITS.
- All systems approved for redeployment within an area/department must meet current recommended minimum standards as indicated on the ITS website at http://www.georgetowncollege.edu/its.