The International Student Services Office is located in a cozy, historic house on the edge of campus, and is a home away from home for international students. We have classroom space, meeting areas, and even a community kitchen which can be used to cook a meal, or to simply make a cup of tea to enjoy with friends in the student lounge.
We are always available to answer student questions and connect students with all of the resources they will need in order to achieve success in their studies. We understand the challenges of living far from home and family, and we do everything we can to help students adjust to life here in the U.S. We also help students navigate immigration/employment laws and approval processes as they plan to begin a professional career.
We even help our students in setting up a new life at Georgetown College – from getting a mobile phone to opening a bank account to helping students navigate the several-step process of getting a U.S. driverâ€™s license.
Georgetown College is proud to offer the following services to international students:
- Airport pick up (Lexington, KY – LEX – only)
- International Student Lounge and community kitchen
- International Student Orientation
- Assistance in setting up a mobile phone and/or opening a bank account
- Assistance with various government offices (Social Security, Driverâ€™s License, etc.)
- Academic support: tutoring (both private and group), special class sections just for international students
- Extensive English language support
- One-on-one immigration advising
- Various social/sight-seeing opportunities throughout the year
- Free on-campus housing over winter break (mid December – mid January)
- Assistance with career and internship planning
- Free health clinic on campus during the academic year