Enhance your education and take your degree to the next level with Georgetown Collegeâ€™s many programs of distinction.
Programs of distinction offer an opportunity to earn a scholarship, find an internship, study abroad, and make connections in Kentucky and around the world. Opportunities await for bright and talented students who are eager to gain real world experience and make an impact through these programs of distinction. Follow the links to visit individual program websites, where you can find contact information for program directors, learn more about these unique opportunities, and fill out applications.
Cliff Childers Christian Leaders Scholarship & Program
The Cliff Childers Christian Leaders Scholarship & Program is designed for students who are active in the church and interested in discerning Godâ€™s calling and vocation in their lives. The CLS scholarship and the program is designed to:
- Provide four years of activities, retreats, and academic courses to encourage the theological exploration of vocation.
- Promote Christian discernment and academic leadership.
- Motivate and prepare students along their vocational adventure.
- Offer financial support for travel and for exploring Godâ€™s vocation in new and challenging contexts.
- Connect students to fellow travelers along the vocational journey.
Equine Scholars Program
The Equine Scholars Program combines a first class liberal arts education with a comprehensive array of equine experiences. Our goal is to give students the best possible combination of classroom theory, equine exposure and professional enhancement to prepare them for a career in or related to the horse industry. Students receive individual attention to help them relate to their interests, academic strengths and career goals.
Activities include field trips, volunteer activities, internships within the horse industry and with related businesses, and numerous networking opportunities. Students graduate with a thoroughly impressive resume and are prepared to be capable professionals in a field they truly love.
- Is non-breed and non-discipline specific
- Allows Equine Scholars to choose from 40+ majors
- Allocates a $1,000 scholarship annually to each Equine Scholar
- Locates targeted internships and job shadowing opportunities
Global Scholars Program
The Global Scholars Program draws students who have an enthusiastic desire to augment their academic study by merging it with global experiences, thus developing their ability to meet the present opportunities and future challenges of the global community.Â Our program is designed to:
- Provide 4 years of events, guest speakers, and experiences to help better understand our world
- Award an annually renewable $1,000 scholarship
- Form lasting friendships with other globally-conscious students
- Place students in internships with global significance
- Better studentsâ€™ understanding of current events, their historical roots and future implications
The Oxford Programs offer students a variety of unique opportunities to complete some portion of their program of study through Regentâ€™s Park College in the University of Oxford. Regentâ€™s Park College has been one of the permanent private halls at Oxford University since 1957, and it shares with Georgetown College a commitment to provide a rigorous education in an intentionally Christian context.
InmersiÃ³n en EspaÃ±ol
InmersiÃ³n en EspaÃ±ol at Georgetown College (IEGC) offers students thethe opportunity to develop and strengthen their Spanish languageÂ skills by taking general studies courses in a range of subjects offered entirely in Spanish. Program participants immerse themselves in the Spanish language on our campus by taking general studies courses like Philosophy, Sociology, and Literature, taught entirely in Spanish. IEGC also gives students the opportunity to use Spanish outside the classroom through community events, social activities, study abroad programs, and professional internships.
Students from a variety of backgrounds will benefit from this innovative program:
- Heritage speakers of Spanish can maintain and improve their language skills while taking a wide variety of courses.
- Native speakers of English can broaden their knowledge of Spanish in fields outside of the traditional language program.
- Native speakers of SpanishÂ can show their full potential in college level courses and further their linguistic competency in multiple disciplines.