Students attending Georgetown College who are eligible to receive VA Educational Benefits may qualify for one of the following Chapters of the GI Bill® of Educational Assistance:
- CHAPTER 30 Montgomery GI Bill®
- CHAPTER 31 Vocational Rehabilitation
- CHAPTER 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill®
- CHAPTER 35 Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance Program
- CHAPTER 1606 Montgomery GI Bill® - Selected Reserve
- CHAPTER 1607 Reserve Educational Assistance Program
- Yellow Ribbon*
*Yellow Ribbon (YR) benefits will not be processed until the annual tuition and fees cap has been exhausted. YR is typically utilized during the Spring semester.
If you expect to receive VA benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs to help defray the costs of your education:
- Contact the Department of Veterans Affairs to determine the benefits you are eligible for. The VA Education Benefits helpline is 1-888-442-4551.
- When you receive your Certificate of Eligibility, forward it to Jason Snider, Associate Dean for Academic Services & Registrar. The Registrar’s Office will work with the Office of Financial Planning and the Student Accounts Office to have your VA benefits applied toward the cost of your Georgetown College education.
If you have questions about how your benefits are credited toward your student account, contact Jason Snider at 502-863-8024 or email@example.com. According to VA standards, Georgetown College students who receive VA benefits are expected to maintain academic progress toward a degree. VA will be notified should a student fall below full-time status, earn academic probation or suspension, or withdraw from the institution. Changes in enrollment may affect benefit level.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.