Georgetown College is dedicated to academic excellence in a Christian environment. We don’t just talk about it; we have the graduates to prove it.
Capacity: 2,500 (Basketball) 1,500 (Volleyball)
Davis-Reid Alumni Gym is used chiefly for Physical Education classes, and intercollegiate basketball and volleyball. It was dedicated in 1926 to replace the gymnasium that had been used since 1893. Inside the cornerstone lies a copper box containing the history of Georgetown College.
The columns of the gym are patterned after the style of Giddings and the building is made of cut brick, thus reflecting Colonial Revival architecture. At one time, Alumni gymnasium housed a swimming pool and the trophy room. When the chapel burned in 1930, the gym temporarily held the chapel services and various classes. Parts of the gymnasium also provided housing for students. In 1986, the gym underwent massive renovation that led to the removal of the balcony and increased capacity to 1,800 people.
The facility was renamed in January 2010 to honor longtime basketball coaches Bob Davis and the late Jim Reid.