Students with Disability/Accommodation Needs

Georgetown College adheres to the recommendations and regulations established by Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990. Therefore, no student with a disability shall be denied access to or participation in programs, services or activities of Georgetown College.

What do I need to do if I have a disability?

  1. Provide documentation of the disability. Please provide documentation of the disability and how this disability impacts the student’s academic, social or living environment. This documentation should be provided to the director of the Student Wellness Center, 502-863-7074.
  2. Set up a meeting with Student Wellness Center personnel, 502-863-7074. This meeting will need to take place at the beginning of each semester. The student in need of accommodations will need to meet with a counselor in the student wellness center to discuss appropriate accommodations and sign a release form for appropriate personnel. Please bring a copy of your class schedule so that appropriate professors can be informed.

Grievance Procedures

If a student believes that he/she has been denied equal access while on Georgetown College’s campus, the following procedures are in place to assist in bringing about a timely resolution.

  1. Students are encouraged to resolve concerns by meeting with appropriate personnel with whom there is a concern or disagreement. The student may meet with the person individually or they can contact the Director of the Student Wellness Center to serve as a liaison. Please call 502-863-7074 to arrange this.
  2. If a student would like to report that their rights have been violated under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, please contact the Director of the Student Wellness Center to set up a meeting. Please document in writing the complaint and any actions that have taken place thus far to resolve the complaint.
  3. After the Director of the Student Wellness Center reviews the complaint, a meeting will be held with the complainant and further discussion will be provided about options to pursue further. Possible options include:
    1. Informal resolution – a meeting with complainant and persons involved along with the Director of the Student Wellness Center will be held to attempt to resolve the issue.
    2. Formal resolution – if a complaint cannot be resolved, the Director of the Student Wellness center will inform the Vice President of Student Life and a meeting will be arranged with complainant with VP of Student Life and other college personnel as deemed necessary.

Please note that filing a complaint within Georgetown College does not preclude the student from filing a grievance with the Department of Education or the Department of Justice.


For more information, contact:
Georgetown College Student Wellness Center
400 East College Street
Georgetown, Kentucky 40324-1696

Phone: (502) 863-7074
Fax: (502) 868-7717