The hearing procedures for the Campus Accountability Board will generally be as follows:
- The Hearing Officer will introduce him/herself and the other Board members.
- The student will be asked to whether or not he/she thinks he/she is responsible or not responsible.
- The case will be discussed. The author of the report and the student will be given the opportunity to call witnesses and each may ask questions of the witnesses.
- The Board will meet in closed session to determine if the student is responsible or not responsible. The student will then be informed of the decision.
- If the student is found responsible, the Hearing Officer will ask for character witnesses and for any previous disciplinary record(s). The Board will again meet in closed session to determine the sanction.