This student will be responsible for leading the Georgetown College Sustainability Initiative. In conversation with the staff/faculty advisor(s), the Coordinator will:
- discover and promote new opportunities on-campus for using less, wasting less ┬áand conserving more energy
- increasing and improving our recycling efforts on campus
- researching best practices for sustainability at other colleges and universities and challenging the Georgetown College campus community to grow in our commitment to sustainable lifestyles
- recruiting a team of students who are committed to helping out with sustainability projects on campus
- leading a regularly-scheduled meeting to share ideas and plan out the work of the
- educating our campus on issues of sustainability through bringing in outside speakers,
workshops, Earth Day events, etc.