The Presidentâ€™s Ambassadors Program, established in 1992, is a unique group of students selected from the 1,100 students at Georgetown College (GC) in Georgetown, Kentucky to serve and represent the College in multiple capacities.
Presidentâ€™s Ambassadors serve as official student representatives on behalf of the College and the College President at a variety of campus and community functions. Presidentâ€™s Ambassadors showcase the 8 Guiding Principles of Georgetown College to the College Community and are role models of these principles:
Quality, as expressed in Jesus Christ, is our way of life.
Excellent Service is our goal.
Loyalty is our strength.
Teamwork is to be cherished.
Positive Vision will motivate us.
Stewardship is our responsibility.
Personal Growth will bring us joy.
Commitment will be reaffirmed daily.
Â The mission of the Georgetown College President’s Ambassador Program is to more effectively utilize our greatest resource, our students, and to serve them by providing them with opportunities to:
- Gain confidence in themselves and their public speaking abilities.
- Work with and learn from other successful leaders.
- Become more visible to various constituents who may have contact with the college (prospective students and their parents, trustees, alumni, visitors, guest speakers, and potential employers).
- Represent the College and the College President with the highest standards on and off campus.
- Serve the Collegeâ€™s needs and the needs of the surrounding community.
- Support and enhance the Collegeâ€™s understanding of its unique diversity.
- Create an atmosphere that is conducive to the development of each Presidentâ€™s Ambassadorâ€™s personal and professional life beyond their college experiences.
- Provide an important service for your alma mater by presenting a positive image of GC to students, parents and alumni.
All of the above shall adhere to the goals and mission of the President and promote the best interest of Georgetown College and its students.
Â What do the Presidentâ€™s Ambassadors do?
Presidentâ€™s Ambassadors work collaboratively with the President representing GC and its mission and goals. At the most basic level, they are volunteers who give their time, talent and enthusiasm freely for the advancement of Georgetown College.
Â How do they do this?
- Ambassadors participate in campus and community functions and events and often serve as guides for VIPs and special guests of the College.
- In the past, the Ambassadors have volunteered at events such as:
- Football games
- Donor/trustee dinners
- Planning activities
- Accompanying the President on donor visits
- Writing thank you notes
- Speaking with prospective students during their campus visits.
- Also the Ambassadors have represented the College while participating in events sponsored by:
- The Presidentâ€™s Office
- Religious Life
- Student Life