As an Orientation Coordinator at Georgetown College, students have the opportunity to:
- Be responsible for the successful planning and implementation of the New Student Orientation process.
- Be responsible for facilitating training for the Orientation Leaders.
- Help to develop Orientation Leaders’ confidence while they are working with new students.
- Foster a sense of belonging to the GC community; promoting a positive attitude towards GC for the Orientation Leaders and new students.
- Help welcome and provide new students and their parents with answers to questions about campus life or concerns regarding the transition they may be experiencing.
- Learn about oneself and the Orientation Leaders while understanding the leadership responsibilities of the coordinator role.
- Must be able to attend at least one Tiger Orientation 101 (TO101) session during the summer. Note: Those with academic obligations during TO101 dates will be excused from this requirement.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 required
Supervisor: Mike Brown
*students in this position cannot also hold positions in Residence Life