All students who plan to park on Georgetown College property are required to register their vehicle (including motorcycles) with Campus Safety. It is very simple to register your vehicle with our office and it only takes a few minutes.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I register my vehicle?

All student motor vehicles (including motorcycles) must be registered with the Campus Safety Office. You may register your vehicle at Campus Safety or online at    You must have your license plate number in order to register your vehicle. If you frequently drive more than one vehicle, each should be registered with Campus Safety and display a current decal (additional decals are free).  You must register your vehicle each year.

How do I register my motorcycle or motorbike?

Motorcycles and motorbikes are subject to the same regulations governing other motor vehicles. They may not be operated or parked on any sidewalk. Existing fire codes prohibit the storage of gasoline containers in any building designated as housing. Motorcycles are never permitted in college buildings at anytime.

Where do I display my parking decal?

Your parking permit is a decal which should be placed on the outside of the left lower rear window of your vehicle.

How do I pay for my parking decal?

The $90 fee for the parking permit will be billed to your student account.  Payment for the decal should be made at the Business Office.

Can I park in a tow or fire zone?

You may not park in the tow or fire zone at anytime (even for less than a minute or with hazard lights on).  If you park in a tow zone or fire zone your vehicle is subject to parking fines and could be towed.

Are there parking lots on campus that do not require a current parking decal?

No, all parking lots require a current decal.

Do I have to get a new permit every year?

Yes, if you with to park on Georgetown College property.

What if I do not have the money at the beginning of the semester for a parking permit?

You can get a permit and pay for it later.   The fee for your decal will be billed to your account.

Temporary Parking Permits

Temporary parking permits are available at the Campus Safety Office. If you have a guest who will be staying on campus, they will need to register their vehicle with Campus Safety office. If you are driving a vehicle other than the one you have registered with Campus Safety, you will need to obtain a temporary parking permit. There is no charge for a temporary permit; all that is required is the license plate number of the vehicle you wish to register. Temporary parking permits will only be issued to students who have registered their vehicle with Campus Safety.

Free Parking Permits

The college will be offering FREE parking permits to interested students. A free parking permit will be issued upon request. Students who obtain a free permit must agree to only park in the designated lot, which is directly adjacent to the radio station house, located on east campus. Students may not park under any circumstances (this includes parking with flashers) in other areas on east or main campus. Failure to comply with this agreement will result in a parking violation. Students who reside on east campus are eligible to receive a free permit; however, they must only park in the designated lot and may not park in any other areas on east or main campus.

State Issued Georgetown College License Plate

If you register a vehicle which has a state-issued Georgetown College license plate you will receive a $10 discount on your parking permit.   You may apply for a Georgetown College license plate at your local County Clerk’s Office.

State Issued Handicapped Parking Permits

If you have a state-issued handicapped permit, a copy must be kept on file at the Campus Safety Office. Students can only display a state issued handicapped permit that has been issued in THEIR name. Students who park in a designated handicap space and use a handicapped permit that has been issued to someone else will receive a parking violation, be towed, and face disciplinary actions.