The vision and vitality of Georgetown College depends upon the energetic and enthusiastic support of her graduates. Never in our history has the influence of our ministry alums been so urgent. Our role in shaping the mission and character of the College cannot be underestimated. Here are some of the many ways we as alumni can remain engaged with our alma mater Email us if you are interested in any of these opportunities.
- Bring a potential student to campus. We wish to attract bright, committed students, especially those serious considering vocations in ministry. You can introduce a student to Georgetown College and can give us a name and contact information. But the best way to help is to offer to bring the student to the campus to investigate the College for his or her own college education. To schedule this, call the admissions office at 502-863-8009
- Host a student ministry team in your church. We have scores of talented and committed students who are eager to spend a week, a weekend, or a day with your congregation or your youth group. These students can sing, speak, teach, and act; all of them can give an inspirational testimony of their own walk with Christ. To schedule this, call the Campus Ministry office at 502-863-7033.
- Hire a student for the summer. Each year dozens of our students spend all or part of their summer break working some kind of mission or ministry. Our students can serve as youth or children’s ministers, music, drama, or worship leaders, and leaders and chaperones for group travel or mission trips; some of our students are able preachers. Your invitation can be a life changing opportunity for our students. Call the Campus Ministry Office at 502-863-7037.
- Bring a group to campus. Hardly a week goes by that some church group does not stop by our campus for a tour or a meal. Youth groups, senior groups, music groups, mission groups and even church staffs have all spent quality time on our campus. We have a wonderful cafeteria for a meal and we can provide a tour of the campus. Of course, your group is always welcome to come for any public event: concert, worship, lecture, art exhibition, or ball game.
- Invite a representative of the College to speak or sing in your church. We have many people who can provide inspiration and information for your church program or worship service. These include the Georgetown College Chorale, the President of the College, the Director of Church Relations, the Dean of the Chapel, the Campus Minister, or many of our faculty. Also available is the Campus Ministry vocal ensemble, Manna. Consult the college web site for the phone number of the specific person or group you wish to invite.
- Support the College with a monetary gift. Georgetown College depends upon the generous, faithful donations of her friends. Make a gift to the Christian Scholars Fund; place the College in your will; add the College to the annual budget of your church; launch a scholarship fund to honor a person of significance in your life; support your Georgetown-bound students through the church-matching program; speak to a potential donor about the College; alert the President to a potential donor. Call the Director of the Christian Scholars Fund to discuss how you can make a gift. 502-863-7987
- Pray for the College: her leaders, her teachers, her students. Put the College on the prayer calendar of your church; add your email address to our regular email prayer alert; join with current parents in the regular Monday prayer meetings; place the College on your personal prayer list.