How to Request an Official Transcript
You can request a transcript in any of the following ways:
- You can order a Transcript online, using a credit or debit card, through the Student Clearinghouse website. A $2.25 servicing fee is added to the Georgetown College $5 fee when you order online. This is a secured website and is the quickest way to order. When you order online, you can ask to receive your transcript via mail or electronically and you can track your order.
- You can come in-person to our office and complete and sign a Transcript Request Form, available at the counter. Plan to pay for the transcripts ($5.00 per copy) by cash or check when you make your request. Of course there is usually some processing time, often two to three days, needed to clear and print a transcript.
- You can send a written request stating how many transcripts you need and the address where the transcript is to be sent. Include your signature, the $5 per transcript fee (check or money order), and mail to our office: Registrar’s Office, Georgetown College, 400 East College Street, Georgetown, KY 40324. The following information should be included in your mailed Transcript Request:
- Include Maiden Name if your name has changed
- Specify whether you need transcripts for Undergraduate Studies, Graduate Studies, or both.
- Provide the address(es) where you desire your transcript(s) to be mailed.
- Provide your Social Security number and/or Student ID number, and your birth date as identifiers.
- Specify how many transcripts you desire.
- Make certain you sign your request in order to give us permission to release your records.
- Enclose a check or money order to Georgetown College for the amount of $5.00 for each copy you are requesting.
- Alternatively you can download our Transcript Request Form here, print, complete and mail it with your signature and payment for each copy to: Registrar’s Office, Georgetown College, 400 East College Street, Georgetown, KY 40324
A financial hold in the College system, will prohibit our office from providing a transcript. Please check with the Business Office at 502-863-8021.
Other Transcript Conditions
The Office of the Registrar cannot accept the following in requesting an Official Transcript:
- Telephone Requests for a transcript
- Fax Requests for a transcript
- Email Requests for a transcript
- Please Note: Asking for grades or other academic information via telephone, fax, or email is prohibited also.
Unofficial transcripts are in a different format than Official Transcripts, do not have the college seal, and may not be accepted for many official purposes. If you are requesting an unofficial transcript by mail, you will need to provide the same information needed for an Official Transcript (stated in #4 above) but the charge is only $1.00 to cover postage costs.
Processing Time for Transcripts
The normal processing time for transcripts is two to three days. They are not produced on the spot. During peak activity times at the college (the beginning of term, registration, end of term, summer new student workshops, and graduation) it will take longer than normal to process a transcript.
Picking up a Transcript
Transcripts may be picked up provided you indicate on your request that you wish to do so. Please call (502) 863-8024 to arrange a pickup time. (As noted above, remember you cannot request a transcript over the phone.)
If someone else is coming to pick up a transcript for you, you must state this on any transcript request and specify the person’s name. A Photo ID is required of you or someone else designated by you, to pick up a transcript. No exceptions will be allowed.