The Office of the Registrar does not accept the following in requesting an Official Transcript:
- Telephone Requests for a transcript
- Fax Requests for a transcript
- Email Requests for a transcript
- Please Note: Asking for grades or other academic information via telephone, fax, or email is prohibited also.
A financial hold will prohibit our office from providing a transcript.┬áPlease check with the Business Office at 502-863-8021.
How to Request an Official Transcript
By law a written request is necessary, with your signature, in order to receive a transcript. You can request a transcript in four ways:
- Come in-person to our office and complete and sign a Transcript Request Form, which is available at our counter. Plan to pay for the transcripts ($5.00 per copy) by cash or check when making your request. Please note: Transcripts are not supplied immediately. There is some processing time necessary to clear a transcript. Normal processing time is two to three days.
- Order online, using a credit or debit card, either through the My.GeorgetownCollege.edu portal or Student Clearinghouse website. A $2.25 servicing fee is added when ordering online.
- Send a written request, with your signature, by mail to our office. The following information should be included in your Transcript Request:
- Include Maiden Name if name has changed
- Specify if you need transcripts for Undergraduate Studies, Graduate Studies, or both.
- Provide the address(es) where you desire your transcript(s) to be mailed.
- Provide your Social Security number and your birth date as identifiers.
- Specify how many transcripts you desire.
- Make certain you sign your request in order to give us permission to release your records.
- Enclose a check or money order to Georgetown College for the amount of $5.00 for each copy you are requesting.
- Download our Transcript Request Form and mail it with payment to our office at:Registrar’s Office
400 East College Street
Georgetown, KY 40324
Unofficial transcripts are in a different format than Official Transcripts and do not have the college seal.
If you are requesting one by mail, you will need to provide the same information needed for an Official Transcript (stated above) but the charge is only $1.00 to cover postage costs.
Processing Time for Transcripts
The normal processing time for transcripts is two to three days. They are not produced on the spot. During peak activity times at the college (the beginning of term, registration, end of term, summer new student workshops, and graduation) it will take longer than normal to process a transcript.
Picking up a Transcript
Transcripts may be picked up provided you indicate this on your request.┬áPlease call to arrange a pickup time.
If someone else is coming to pickup a transcript for you, you must state this on any transcript request and specify the person’s name. A Photo ID is required when you or someone else picks up a transcript. No exceptions will be allowed.