Types of Verifications
The Office of the Registrar receives a variety of enrollment forms for insurance companies or scholarships. In addition our office will mail a verification form or letter for the following purposes:
- Enrollment Verification
- Degree Verifications
- Letter of Good Standing
- GPA or Class Rank Request
- Graduation Verification
- Planned Graduation Date
For Organizations and Companies wishing to request an enrollment verification for a current student┬á please call (703) 742-4200 or visit the National Student Clearinghouse on the web at www.studentclearinghouse.org. Once at the website:
- Click on the Students and Alumni tab
- Click on Enrollment Verify, then click Credit Card Purchase. There is a $2.50 charge per certificate, which can be charged to a credit card.
- Print the students Enrollment Verification Certificate.
For Organizations and Companies wishing to request a degree verification for a former student, Georgetown College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide degree verifications.┬á The National Student Clearinghouse can be contacted at:
National Student Clearinghouse
13454 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 300
Herdon, VA, 20171
Any verifications or letters which request GPA information are required to be signed in order to release this transcript information.
How to Submit Your Request
Verifications may be submitted in four ways:
- Mail a Company Verification Form
- Mail a Letter requesting a Verification
- Telephone may be used only for Verification for Enrollment. Any GPA information requires a signature. Our number is (502) 863-8025.
- Download the Verification Form from our webpage, and mail the completed form to our office:Registrar’s Office
400 E. College Street
Georgetown, KY 40324
Under normal circumstances the turn around time is one to two days for a verification to be mailed or readied for pickup. For those that need an Enrollment Verification Certificate immediately, they can be downloaded from the National Student Clearinghouse website 7 days a week, 24 hours a day for a small fee. Please click here for instructions. There is no charge for verifications processed by the Registrar’s Office.
Picking up a Verification
Please indicate on your request that it is to be picked up, and call to set up a pickup time.