By college policy a written request is necessary, with your signature, in order to receive a duplicate diploma. You can request a duplicate diploma three ways:
- Come in-person to our office and complete and sign Duplicate Diploma Request Form, which is available upon request. Plan to pay for the diploma ($50.00) when making your request.Please note: Duplicate Diplomas are not supplied immediately. There is some processing time necessary to create a Duplicate Diploma. Normal processing time is four to six weeks.
- Mail a written request, including your signature, to our office. The following information should be included in your Duplicate Diploma Request:
- Current name and all previous names used in the past.
- Name as you want it to appear on your diploma.
- Type of Degree and date the degree was granted.
- Provide your Social Security number and your birth date as identifiers.
- Current Address.
- Address to which the diploma should be mailed.
- Enclose a check or money order written out to Georgetown College for the amount of $50.00.
- Download our Duplicate Diploma Request Form and mail it with payment to our office at:Registrar’s Office
400 E. College Street
Georgetown, KY 40324
Processing Time for Duplicate Diplomas
The normal processing time for duplicate diplomas is four to six weeks. They are not produced on the spot. During peak activity times at the college; such as beginning of term, registration, end of term, summer new student workshops, and graduation; it will take longer than normal to process a duplicate diploma request.
Picking up a Duplicate Diploma
Duplicate diplomas may be picked up provided you indicate this on your request. Please call to arrange a pickup time. If someone else is coming to pickup the duplicate diploma for you, you must state this on the request and specify the person’s name. A Photo ID is required when you or someone else picks up a duplicate diploma. No exceptions will be allowed.