When to Declare

Students may declare a major/minor at anytime. However, it’s suggested that students declare during their sophomore year. Students are required to declare a major once 60 credit hours have been earned. Failure to declare a major before this time will result in the student being locked out of The Portal. 

How to Declare

Students declare a major/minor via The Portal. Simply select “Declare Major/Minor” under the “Academic Info” tab and select the appropriate major(s) and/or minor(s). Changes may be made via The Portal at anytime until a degree plan is submitted. Once a degree plan has been submitted all changes must be made in person in the Office of the Registrar.

Submitting a Degree Plan

After registering for the second semester of their junior year OR earning 75 credit hours (whichever occurs first) students are required to submit a Degree Plan to the Office of the Registrar. This form may be downloaded here or picked up in the Office of the Registrar. Students must complete this form with their major/minor department chair and submit the final form to the Office of the Registrar. Failure to submit a degree plan in a timely manner may delay graduation.

Download a Degree Plan form