You may enter your own schedule online from your personal computer or from a computer anywhere on campus.
- Meet with your Advisor March 25-April 5. Your advisor must go into your My.GeorgetownCollege.edu record and click on the “Registration Clearance” button. You cannot access your registration screen until your advisor releases you to register.Â You have been assigned a group number, day and time when you can register.Â Your advisor has that information on the advising materials.
- Select Classes. Discuss with your advisor courses appropriate for Spring 2013; include alternatives. Fill out the registration form and leave a copy with your advisor. Request an Approval Form from your advisor for signatures for internship, independent study, tutorials or to register for over 18 hrs. Bring the form to the Office of the Registrar for entry.
- Directions for online Registration:
Materials to Use
When you enter your schedule on the day set aside for you, have a copy of the Spring 2013 Schedule of Classes, your list of approved courses, and your advising notes. Find a Computer. Call the HELP Desk if you do not have a log-in.
Click Here to access My.GeorgetownCollege.edu
- Log into My.GeorgetownCollege.edu using your network login and password and Click Login.
- Next you will need to change the Term, located on the Registration page under the Academic Info tab. Change it to show FA 13.
- Enter your schedule. You will see simple directions to Add or Drop (if you change your mind).
- Check for Registration Problems.
Possible Registration Snags
- Requisites â€“ you will not be allowed to enter a course without the requisites. Check the online catalog.
- Section is full â€“ waitlist option will pop up or you may choose another section or course. You must have 12 hours before you can add to the waitlist. The Registrar’s Office will add courses from the waitlist if there are openings, and will notify you.
- Faculty Approval Required â€“ take Approval Form to Registrar’s Office for entry before your registration time.
- Repeat warning â€“ a warning will pop-up if you register for a class you have already taken. You must decide to continue or drop the course selected. Certain classes may be repeated: 440, 460, 461, 471, 450, MUS choirs and ensembles. Otherwise, you may repeat classes according to the repeat policy in the Catalog
- Conflict warning â€“ a warning will pop-up if you select two classes with overlapping times. Decide which class you want and remove the other.
- Add labs â€“ don’t forget to add any labs required for the courses selected.
- Audit or Pass/Fail â€“ come to the Office of the Registrar for these options.
Printing Your Schedule
- Click on “Display My Schedule” and then you will click on the “Print Your Schedule” button.
When to Register?
- Students have been divided into 8 groups of about 150-200 students each. These groups are based upon the total of both your earned hours + hours in progress currently. This enhancement will limit the number of simultaneous my.georgetowncollege.edu hits during registration and should keep the system from slowing down. On each day of registration, there will be two registration groups that will register; one group begins at 7:00 a.m. and the next group will begin at 7:30 a.m.
- Each semester there is at least one registration group that has a larger number because all the students in the group have the same total hours. In order to reduce the size of these larger groups, each student has been assigned a random number by the computer system. If a larger group does occur, the system will then divide the students in this larger group (lowest random number to highest random number) into two groups instead of one. These random numbers will change each semester.
- Look on your printed registration form for your date and time to register. (Also, you may find your day and time on your my.georgetowncollege.edu registration screen.)
- Online Registration opens for each group at 7:00 a.m. Starting Monday, April 8, 2013
- Once your window is open, it will remain open until Midnight Sunday, April 14, 2013
Schedule of Courses
If you need assistance using My.GeorgetownCollege.edu, bring your registration materials to the Registrar’s Office and we will assist you. If you are having trouble finding a PC, you may leave your schedule in the Registrar’s Office and we will enter it in priority order as received on your date for entry. However, the staff will enter schedules around other office tasks. Non-Degree Students may register during any day above in the Office of the Registrar.