My.GeorgetownCollege.edu will not allow me to register?
The five most common cures for this are the following:
- Change Your Term – In My.Georgetown College.edu change the term to the semester you are registering for by selecting the correct term, year and program from the drop down menus found at the top of the screen.
- Clearance Needed – Clearance must be obtained from your current advisor.
- Registration Time – Check to see if you are registering on your designated class date. See Question #2.
- System Busy – The system is busy and you will have to login again to my.georgetowncollege.edu after waiting five to ten minutes. At the beginning of your registration time, the system will be slower due to many users accessing at once.
- Reload – Try to Click on Refresh or Reload your browser. This will redraw the screen if parts of it are missing or disappear during registration of your courses.
How do I know when to register?
Your registration time is based upon your currently earned hours plus the hours you are currently registered for at the time of registration. The students are then divided into seven to eight registration groups consisting of 150-200 students each. Students have also been assigned a random number to aid in situations when there are too many students in a group with the same hourly totals. The students are then selected in ascending order by random number to help divide a large registration group.
Where does my date and time appear?
Your printed Registration Form, which you receive when being cleared by your Advisor, has registration time and date printed on the upper right of the form.┬áOn the My.GeorgetownCollege.edu Registration screen it will also display your registration date and time.
What changes have been made to the printed schedule?
You may check this two ways:
How do I find classes to register that are open?
Go to My.GeorgetownCollege.edu Course Search function, which updates every 15 minutes during registration.
What are some other considerations before registering for classes?
When will I need an Approval Card from the Registrar’s Office?
How do I print my schedule?
In My.GeorgetownCollege.edu Registration you can click on Display My Schedule and then on this screen you can click on the print button. Or on your My.GeorgetownCollege.edu menu click on the folder to print.
How do I check for registration problems or things I have forgotten to do?
On the My.GeorgetownCollege.edu Registration screen use the following button.
Will my schedule be entered faster if I drop it off at the Registrar’s Office?
It is faster to enter your schedule in My.GeorgetownCollege.edu. If a student schedule is dropped off, it will be entered as time permits; there will be a delay since our office is busy during registration.
How do I know I am registered for a course I selected in My.GeorgetownCollege.edu registration?
If you see the course(s) on the screen after adding them you have properly registered. You can also print your schedule to verify the registration.┬áSee Question #7.
How do I exit My.GeorgetownCollege.edu registration?
In My.GeorgetownCollege.edu you may either click the X at the top right of your screen or click on the folder called Close Window. Make certain you close all connections to your browser.┬á If you are using a computer, that is not your own, make certain you log out.┬áThis will keep your information secure.
If I have a question or problem with registration, how can I get help or an answer?
You can call 863-7927 or come in person during business hours, or email our office.