Prior to your freshman year (if possible):
- Email Dr. Hadaway, Director of Oxford Programs, to express interest and to ask any questions you may have. (Optional)
- Apply and be accepted to Georgetown College.
In your freshman year:
- Attend the Oxford Programs Tea held early in the fall semester to learn the basics of the program.
- Schedule an appointment with Dr. Hadaway to discuss your academic interests and to plan your academic training for the Tutorial Program.
- Go to the International Programs office to fill out a contact sheet.
In your sophomore year (or junior year if traveling to Oxford as a senior):
- After consultation with Oxford Programs Director during fall registration, schedule and take a practice tutorial in the spring semester.
- Fill out an Oxford Tutorial Program application. Due Feb. 1 of the year prior to desired study at Oxford.
- Interview with a faculty panel¬†in late March or early April.¬† Submit an interview writing sample and the Regent’s Park College visiting student application at this time.
- Submit a final writing sample, two¬†letters of recommendation (one from your Georgetown tutor), and an updated official transcript¬†to the Director of Oxford Programs by the following deadlines:
- Michaelmas students (Oct. – Dec.):¬† May 15
- Hilary/Trinity students (Jan. – Jun.):¬† Sept. 15
- Submit a completed copy of the Participant Contract no later than two weeks after final acceptance by Regent’s Park College.
The Oxford Tutorial Program involves extremely challenging academic work.¬† Successful candidates will be expected to exhibit excellence (or promise of excellence) in analytical and interpretive skills, in critical thinking and writing, in articulacy in written and spoken presentations, and in creativity and original thinking.¬† Successful candidates will also typically enjoy independent learning and, ideally, love learning for its own sake.
Where deficiencies exist, successful candidates will spend the first two years at Georgetown (prior to application for the Tutorial Program) developing and honing these skills and attitudes towards learning.
- Minimum College GPA: 3.7
- Suggested ACT composite above 28.
Download the Oxford Tutorial Program application. For a hard copy, please see the International Programs Office.