Tryouts for the junior teams are set for Saturday, with the boys starting at 10:30 a.m. and the girls at 12:30 p.m. Senior tryouts are scheduled for Sunday, with the boys beginning at 10:30 a.m. and the girls at 12:30 p.m.
Tryouts are open to the public. Admission is $5.
The senior All-Stars will face Indiana on June 13 at Transylvania University in Lexington, Ky., and June 14 at Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis. Dates for the junior games have not been set.
Mr. Basketball Quentin Snider of Ballard and Miss Basketball Ivy Brown of LaRue County already have clinched spots on the Kentucky squads and will wear the No. 1 jerseys.
Here is the list of players invited to the tryouts:
* Senior boys: Michael Arnett (Calloway County); Brent Bach (Augusta); Eli Boggess (Woodford County); Darion Burns (Fleming County); Tyler Carr (Shelby Valley); Byron Carver (Warren Central); Quinton Chames (Holmes); Christen Cunningham (Cordia); Jackson Davis (Lafayette); Tra Edwards (Hopkinsville); Justin Edwards (Pulaski Southwestern); Jordan Fox (Jackson County); Trent Gilbert (Scott County); Jordan Green (Henry Clay); Shane Hall (Johnson Central); Dominique Harding (Elizabethtown); Lamontray Harris (Pleasure Ridge Park); Brandon Hatton (Dixie Heights); Patrick Hubert (St. Mary); Chris Hudson (Hazard); D’Angelo Hunter (Pleasure Ridge Park); Tre’ Ivory (Trinity); Joe Jackson (Fern Creek); Justin Johnson (Perry County Central); Shawn Johnson (Mason County); Montrell Little (Doss); Caleb Longacre (Fairdale); Kelan Martin (Ballard); Antonio McDaniels (Pleasure Ridge Park); Chris McCraw (Western); Wes Noble (Breathitt County); Craig Owens (Trinity); Daulton Peters (West Jessamine); Chris Porter-Bunton (Warren Central); Peyton Puckett (Graves County); Austin Rentfrow (Marshall County); Nick Ruthsatz (Covington Catholic); Jake Schulte (Newport Central Catholic); Seivon Schooling (Bardstown); Robert Shaw (St. Xavier); Quentin Snider (Ballard); Troy Steward (Fleming County); Ralphie Stone (Collins); Cory Thomas (Fairdale); Brandon Trotter (Seneca); Rhett Troutman (Bullitt East); Bryan Wallace (Montgomery County); Caleb Wigginton (Taylor County); Keon Williams (John Hardin). Head coach: Chris O’Hearn (Mason County). Assistant coach: James Haire (Elizabethtown).
* Junior boys: Matthew Barger (Knox Central); Zac Baxter (South Laurel); Jeremiah Bell (Butler); James Bolden (Holmes); Ashanti Burgess (St. Xavier); Ryne Callahan (Rowan County); Ronnie Carson (East Jessamine); Nick Coffey (Russell County); Isaiah Collier (Jackson County); Jacob Conway (Lincoln County); L.J. Cowherd (Bardstown); Austin Cummings (Anderson County); Keifer Dalton (Clinton County); Dillon Geralds (Monroe County); Terrell Gray (Doss); Evan Hall (Knott County Central); Dominique Harding (Elizabethtown); Dorian Henry (Mason County); Aric Holman (Owensboro); Skyler Hunter (Calloway County); D.J. Jenkins (Harrison County); Tanner Johnson (Lexington Catholic); Brandon Johnson (Jeffersontown); Camron Justice (Knott County Central); Brent Kidwell (Collins); Jax Levitch (Trinity); Jaqualis Matlock (Hopkinsville); Drew McDonald (Newport Central Catholic); Justin Miller (Owensboro); Nick Miller (Ashland Blazer); Trey Moses (Eastern); Hunter Noffsinger (Muhlenberg County); Zach Pangallo (Newport Central Catholic); Eli Pepper (Caldwell County); Jalen Perry (Ballard); Cameron Reed (Eastern); Mason Roland (Webster County); Matt Rose (Lexington Christian); Jared Savage (Warren Central); Bo Schuh (Covington Catholic); David Simmons (Henderson County); Tucker Sine (Bowling Green); Nick Smith (Frederick Fraize); Raymond Spalding (Trinity); Michael Stafford (Trinity); Dwayne Sutton (Manual); Timmy Taylor (Lincoln County); Jeremiah Tisdale (Henry Clay); Hagen Tyler (Boyle County); Dujuanta Weaver (Doss); Carson Williams (Owen County); Peyton Woods (Wayne County). Head coach: Tim Haworth (Hopkinsville). Assistant coach: Anthony Babb (Hopkinsville).
* Senior girls: Ivy Brown (LaRue County); Katelin Bundy (Lexington Christian); Alexus Calhoun (Marion County); Makenzie Cann (Anderson County); Jamie Castle (Magoffin County); Audriana Christopher (Scott County); Devin Conley (Boyle County); Sarah Cooley (Lafayette); Brooke Dossett (Gallatin County); Sarah Futscher (Bishop Brossart); Lexxus Graham (Clark County); Essence Grey (Danville); Laken Grey (Danville); Tereka Guyn (Scott County); Sequoya Huff (Ohio County); Shakeema Jackson (Paul Dunbar); Raley Johnson (Meade County); Nicole Kiernan (Newport Central Catholic); Danielle Lawrence (Butler); Javonna Layfield (Ballard); Eriel McKee (Anderson County); Ashley McMurtrey (Oldham County); Raven Merriweather (Sacred Heart); Mackenzie Myers (Spencer County); Abby Owings (Simon Kenton); Kaylyn Pearson (Owensboro Catholic); Rachel Potter (Pikeville); Kayla Rankin (Perry County Central); Madison Raque (Eastern); Madison Rich (Edmonson County); Keeley Rogers (Powell County); x-DaiJia Ruffin (Sacred Heart); Virginia Scott (Somerset); Summer Simmons (Calloway County); Shalika Smith (Glasgow); Brandi Smith (Whitley County); Jade Spaluding (Eastern); Meg Starling (University Heights); Brooke Todd (Paul Dunbar); Taylor Wheeler (Boyd County); Kayla Wilson (Corbin); Miranda Wilson (Corbin). Head coach: Jennifer Parsons (Corbin). Assistant coach: Scott Sivills (Calloway County). (x-Ruffin won’t attend tryouts because of a knee injury.)
* Junior girls: Savannah Anderson (Lewis County); Brooke Asher (Leslie County); Alyssa Barnard (Marshall County); Alexis Brewer (Larue County); Maci Brown (Henderson County); Reauna Cleaver (Elizabethtown); Adison Corder (Pulaski Southwestern); Hannah Dossett (Gallatin County); Kennedy Flynn (Estill County); Haley Sue Foutch (Ashland Blazer); Logan Fraley (Boyd County); Emily Frye (Lewis County); Dee Givens (Lafayette); Bailey Greer (Marshall County); Le’Onzerrea Grubbs (University Heights); J’Nayah Hall (Apollo); Denayia Holmes (University Heights); Darien Huff (Elizabethtown); Heidi Huffman (Mercer County); Ashley Johnson (Sacred Heart); Jerica Kelsch (Augusta); Nora Kiesler (Assumption); Alex Martin (Ballard); Alexus Mayes (Newport Central Catholic); Alexandra Mayhaus (Covington Holy Cross); Katie Moore (Leslie County); Maci Morris (Bell County); MacKenzie Raizor (Shelby County); Hannah Render (McLean County); Kansas Rice (Buckhorn); Morgan Rich (Allen County-Scottsville); Alexis Robinson (Ashland Blazer); Ge’Naisha Robinson (Christian County); Taylor Rowe (Shelby Valley); Gretchen Samsel (Sacred Heart); Asia Sims (Bourbon County); Sandra Skinner (Clark County); Cheyanne Stidham (Letcher County Central); Alexis Switzer (Boone County); Ashanti Thomas (Lafayette); Morgan Turner (Meade County); Deja Turner (Covington Holy Cross); Kacie Wallace (Henderson County); Michaela Ware (Newport Central Catholic). Head coach: Robbie Graham (Clark County). Assistant coach: Troy Thomas (Bath County).
- Jason Frakes, Louisville Courier-Journal