Georgetown, KY – Of course, GC alums never want to lose to the Pikeville Bears on the hardwood or any of the many playing fields. Well, today (January 23) – as we forewarned in the monthly alumni e-newsletter on the 15th – is the first day of a glorious battle between alums from GC and UPike for which will have the most number of donors for student scholarships!
The winner of this first-ever Donor Participation Challenge will be announced during an early time-out in the men’s basketball game Feb. 2 in Davis-Reid Alumni Gym. (The women’s GC-UPike game tips off at 6 p.m.; the men’s at 8 p.m.) Your ONLINE donations up until noon of Game Day will count.
Note that the amount does not matter as much as the NUMBER of you who give during the contest period. It’s a winning percentage-of-giving that we are after. How many of you will be True to Your School for student scholarship purposes?!! (Hey, if you just want to beat UPike, that’s fine too!)
Now’s a great time to show your Tiger Pride! But, please remember to show that pride between now and noon Feb. 2.
You also need to know:
• Gifts of $10 or more are encouraged. Even if you have already given this year, a small gift of $10 during this timeframe will help us beat Pikeville (we know our Tigers will take care of business ON the court). It will all go to student scholarships.
• Gifts must be made online between 4 a.m. EST on Monday, Jan. 23, and Noon EST on Thursday, Feb. 2.
• All online gifts from Georgetown and UPIKE during the challenge period will count toward the challenge total.
• The school that achieves the highest number of unique donors (not the highest dollar amount) within the challenge period will be declared the winner.
• Only one gift per person during the challenge period will be counted.
• If you have an outstanding pledge, a pledge payment made online during the challenge period will count toward the challenge totals.
• The challenge winner will be announced at the Georgetown/UPIKE men’s basketball game on Thursday, Feb. 2, at 8 p.m., in Georgetown, Ky.
All you WINNERS (you unique donors, we’re talking about) don’t have to be present that night in Alumni Gym to help us claim school bragging rights. But, we hope you will be!