Georgetown, KY (January 27) – The first week of our first-ever Donor Participation Challenge – a competition pitting GC alums versus University of Pikeville alums – is drawing to a close and some terrific Tigers have given Georgetown a 54-10 lead. Just in case UPike is “playing possum” and planning a big push for The Final Countdown (next week), please give a little if you haven’t already. Even $10 is huge…as this is a percentage-of-giving contest. Or, if you are one of the 54 Faithful, forward this to your friends and former classmates who may not be aware.
“Alums, don’t assume we have it in the bag – keep working! There’s a lot of time left,” said a proud and grateful Laura Owsley ’92, GC’s Director of Annual Giving.
The winning alumni of this GC-UPike donor challenge will be announced during an early time-out in the men’s basketball game Feb. 2 between the two big Mid-South Conference rivals in our Davis-Reid Alumni Gym. (Our women tip-off against the UPike Bears at 6 p.m.; the men at 8 p.m.) Your ONLINE donations up until noon of Game Day will count.
Now’s a great time to show your Tiger Pride – both for all GC students-in-need AND in our basketball teams. By the way, our men are still No. 4 in the nation and our women No. 17 as they visit Campbellsville on Saturday. (Both teams, which dropped their away games last night to St. Catharine, will likely drop a bit in the rankings next week.) But, please remember to show that pride with your gifts between now and noon Feb. 2 – and let’s beat UPike!
Here’s what you need to know:
• Gifts of $10 or more are encouraged. Even if you have already given this year, a small gift of $10 during this timeframe will help us beat Pikeville (we know our Tigers will take care of business ON the court). It will all go to student scholarships.
• Gifts must be made online between 4 a.m. EST on Monday, Jan. 23, and Noon EST on Thursday, Feb. 2.
• All online gifts from Georgetown and UPIKE during the challenge period will count toward the challenge total.
• The school that achieves the highest number of unique donors (not the highest dollar amount) within the challenge period will be declared the winner.
• Only one gift per person during the challenge period will be counted.
• If you have an outstanding pledge, a pledge payment made online during the challenge period will count toward the challenge totals.
• The challenge winner will be announced at the Georgetown/UPIKE men’s basketball game on Thursday, Feb. 2, at 8 p.m., in Georgetown, Ky.
We know that not all you WINNERS (unique donors, that is) can be present on the evening of Feb. 2 in Alumni Gym, when we (hopefully) claim school bragging rights. But, we know your heart will be there.