Criteria for admission into Teacher Education:
- Apply for admission to Teacher Education during the sophomore year, or no later than the completion of EDU 233–Student Development, Behavior, and Learning.
- Maintain at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- Provide three references from faculty/staff who will recommend admission. One must be a professor in your major.
- Complete all previous education classes with a grade of “C” or better.
- Have a copy of your ACT (American College Test) on file with the college.
- Refer to the college catalog, under Education, if your ACT score is less than 21 for possible options.
- Demonstrate oral and written proficiency. A grade of “C” or better is required for ENG 112; COA 100, 115, or 200.
- Complete an official certification checksheet with your designated Education Advisor.
- Demonstrate satisfactory performance in an interview.
Students will be notified in writing of their acceptance or rejection.