All music majors should consult with a music professor when planning classes, and switch to an adviser within the music department as soon as possible. Â The required coursework for each major and minor can be found here. Â In addition to the required coursework:
- All music majors must pass the piano proficiency requirement before graduation.
- All music majors and minors must meet the recital attendance requirement.
- Music Education majors must continuously be members in good standing of NAfME.
- All Georgetown College students must meet the NEXUS requirement for cultural enrichment.
The music faculty have a recommended four-year scheduling plan for each degree. Â Due to the rotation of upper-level classes, these vary slightly depending on the year in which the student matriculates. Â Students should consult these regularly and plan each semester accordingly:
- B.A. Instrumental â€“ Even Fall Entry
- B.A. Instrumental â€“ Odd Fall Entry
- B. A. Keyboard
- B.A. Vocal â€“ Even Fall Entry
- B.A. Vocal â€“ Odd Fall Entry
- B.M.E. Outline of 200 Field Hours Requirement
- B.M.E. Instrumental
- B.M.E. Vocal â€“ Even Fall Entry
- B.M.E. Vocal â€“ Odd Fall Entry
- B.M. Church Music â€“ Even Fall Entry
- B.M. Church Music â€“ Odd Fall Entry
Take special care in planning that you meet all of the necessary Foundations and Core requirements. Â Double-check to make sure you meet all the necessary flags as well as areas of inquiry.
Print off and and keep track the courses you have successfully completed and what you still need to complete with the appropriate curriculum contract below:
- Bachelor of Arts Degree Curriculum Contract â€“ Instrumental
- Bachelor of Arts Degree Curriculum Contractâ€“ Keyboard
- Bachelor of Arts Degree Curriculum Contract â€“ Vocal
- Bachelor of Music Education Degree Curriculum Contract â€“ Instrumental
- Bachelor of Music Education Degree Curriculum Contract â€“ Vocal
- Bachelor of Music DegreeÂ Curriculum Contract