- Provide a meaningful learning experience which encompasses activities and insights into the nature and operations of the overall organization, or a component of the organization, such as your department.
- Provide in advance of the internship a description of the assignment and/or an outline of the duties and responsibilities of the intern.┬á Review and approve the goals and objectives which the intern will be asked to prepare.
- Provide training and professional supervision as needed to help the intern fulfill the responsibilities outlined.
- Keep the Georgetown College faculty Internship Supervisor advised of any problems which may arise during the internship.┬á Give program feedback at the conclusion of the internship.┬á (Appendix)
- Prepare an evaluation of the internÔÇÖs performance at the end of the program.┬á The student intern will initiate this review, using a standard format.┬á (Appendix)
- Counsel the student in an appropriate one-on-one setting in regard to personal feedback pertaining to the learning experience, and share a career perspective as it relates to the assignment, to the organization, and to the industry at large.
- Help keep the internship/company profile at Georgetown College updated to attract top students in the future.