|Section 4.1 :
ILL Lending Operations Online
|1) Go to MESSAGE FILE, then LENDING ON THE LEFT.2) Next by PENDING, hit the number in red.
3) Beginning with Record 1, hit each number, first evaluating whether we can loan the material or not.
No to videos, cassettes, cds, dvds
No to any book copyrighted before 1925.
No to new books on temporary shelf (this will be indicated in catalog).
No to books in archives or reference.
4) If you know automatically we will not lend, then check the location, NO, at the top left hand side of record. Then hit UPDATE and go next record.
5) If the record reveals a title of a book or journal we do have, minimize the current record and go to the Library Catalog.
Note: Even though the Library Records read we have the book or journal, do not respond to YES until you physically check on the title.
Print ONLY page 1 of the record, write the call number on it and then after all records have been printed, go and find book or title.
6) Exit out of OLCL (we are charged for the time we remain online).
BOOKS AND ARTICLES LOCATED
1) Go back to MESSAGE FILE AND PENDING.
2) If you have additional NO’S, go ahead and to them first.
3) If YES, go ahead and respond. If CONDITIONAL, write down your question or statement in LENDING NOTES.
4) Hit UPDATED then UPDATE AGAIN.
VOYAGER—CIRCULATION—CHECK OUT BOOKS
1) Patron (example, kgg)
4) Bar Code
5) If patron is not in Voyager, do the following)
Right click on mouse in gray area. Fill in following:
First: (example, Scott County Lib)
Institutional ID: KGG
Expiries: Add date five years or more. (example, if 09/14/01, change to 09/14/06.
Purge: Add date six years or more.
Barcode: Leave blank.
Patron Group: ILL
Address: ILL Dept.
Fill in the remainder, address, phone (8413), hit save, OK, continue with check procedures.
1) Place Blue Strip around front book cover.
On top of strip place code, (example, KGG)
Write ILL number.
Place library sticker if in Delivery bag.
2)On Priority Shipment Pickup Record: ( Record on Pickup Record (if in delivery bag and write down bar code bag number).
Under Pcs (1), Total Weight (1,2, depending on how many separate materials)
ALWAYS CHECK THE LIST FOR COURIER SERVICE.
3) If sent by mail, use large yellow shipment packages.
Tape address of library on front.
Make sure it is secured (tape and staple.)
NOTE: In back of book on date slip, write ILL #, Library Symbol, Date Due)
FOR ARTICLES AND USE OF ARIEL
1) Scan icon (upper left hand side) to Start.
2) Rescan for if mistake is made.
3) END to end
4) First, scan ILL Record Page
5) Scan article
6) Doc. ID or ILL number
7) Patron (Last name of individual requesting article)
8) Destination—Ariel Address or symbol (such as KGG)
10) Fill out Ariel Lender Log.
If there is a picture or chart, use Dither.
LAST PROCEES FOR ILL
1) Take all books from “Shelve” in the ILL Shelf (These are books that are being
returned to Ensor Learning Resource Center).
2) Checked books back in through Voyager.
3) Take copy in Lending Folder and Stamp “complete” with date.
4) Go back online to MESSAGE FILE, then LENDING, then RETURN
5) Update all returned as Complete.
6) Hit STATUS LIST to resume.
7) Take COPY LOANS and put in COMPLETE LOANS FOLDERS.
8) Put books back on cart.
1) Go to SEARCH
2) Search for Number
3) Check Recall, then Update
CHANGE LOANS TO COPY
1) Go to Passport.
2) i l: (then the ill number)
3) Due Date, then back space.
5) N/A or Date return
6) Alt F10
Change NAD Record
Alt f10, rep, f11