Certification as a literacy specialist expands your professional horizons, allowing you to serve as a literacy coach, reading specialist, or reading supervisor in grades P-12. Our online, affordable courses, taught by experienced instructors, provide a flexible, personalized learning environment. This endorsement must be embedded in either a Master of Arts in Education Teacher Leader or Rank I School Improvement program.
Highlights of the program include:
- Can be completed entirely online
- Can be completed in 18 – 24 months
- Flexible entry to program in any semester
- Classes offered year-round
- Tightly-knit online community that supports and informs members
- Collaborative environment that supports educational leaders and offers training for instructional coaching positions
- Meeting the International Reading Association’s guidelines for the preparation of reading specialists and literacy coaches in schools
Contact us today to start earning your Literacy Specialist Endorsement while completing an MA in Education at Georgetown College.