Our P-12 Environmental Education endorsement program combines the flexibility of online learning with local, hands-on field experiences at St. John’s Educational Wetlands Restoration Project site, as well as other sites throughout Kentucky. Teachers in all content areas* will learn best practices for teaching the Next Generation Science Standards and will create environmental literacy plans for their schools.
Environmental Education Endorsement:
- Can be completed within a year
- Requires only 4 classes
- Can be completed on its own or as part of a degree program
- Is aligned with the North American Association of Environmental Education (NAAEE) guidelines and standards and the Kentucky Environmental Literacy Plan (KELP)
- Cultivates environmental literacy across the curriculum
- Explores global and local environmental issues socially, culturally, emotionally, and spiritually
Start as soon as this summer! Contact us today to learn more
*If you are not a certified Kentucky teacher, but have a passion for teaching about the environment, click here to learn more about our coursework for non-formal educators.