Schools need general educators who meet the needs of diverse learners, in particular second language-learners within their own classrooms. General educators like you can infuse this knowledge into their everyday lessons so that achievement gaps can be closed.
Earning credentials in English as a Second Language provides you with needed knowledge and a Georgetown College Cognate Certificate listing the recipients’ areas of expertise in teaching ELL children.
- ESL Cognate is a 12-hour program (ESL Endorsement also available)
- No Praxis necessary
- Flexible entry allows you to enter at any time of the year
- Become more marketable in more areas of the state
- Helps teachers work with families, especially recent immigrants
- Individual courses in the Cognate can be taken at any time