Information Technology Services provides technology support services to the faculty, staff, and students of Georgetown College. ┬áThe specific areas of support are voice communications, data networking, computing, media services, academic consulting services, and training.
┬áThe purpose of this policy is to provide ITS support guidelines for student owned computers.
┬áGUIDELINES AND RESTRICTIONS:
- ITS will provide free telephone support for hardware and software questions relating to student owned computers.
- Student computers that meet recommended minimum hardware and software configurations as described on the ITS website are eligible for support.
- Students desiring workbench support from ITS must purchase a Computer Maintenance Agreement.
- Students requesting support must complete a Work Authorization Form detailing the problem(s) or work requested.
- ITS will call the owner of the computer for the purpose of describing the results of the initial problem investigation and/or give an estimate of the time required to complete the service requested.
- The owner of the computer will either authorize the continued work or ask that all work stop.
- ITS will contact the owner when work is completed and present them with a description of work performed.