Information Technology Services provides technology support services to the faculty, staff, and students of Georgetown College. ┬áThe specific areas of support are voice communications, data networking, computing, media services, academic consulting services, and training.
The purpose of the Computer Replacement Policy is as follows:
- Create minimum hardware and software standards for computing resources.
- Reduce support costs due to obsolete and under resourced computers.
- Eliminate the need for multiple versions of the same software due to under resourced systems.
- Maximize return on investment in Microsoft software.
- Control network related expenses.
- Protect institutional data and programs by not using obsolete computer systems.
┬áGUIDELINES AND RESTRICTIONS:
- Computers upgraded by ITS as part of a centralized technology replacement program will be recovered by ITS.
- No redistribution of the original equipment will be permitted within the area/department without the approval of ITS.
- All systems approved for redeployment within an area/department must meet current recommended minimum standards as indicated on the ITS website at http://www.georgetowncollege.edu/its.