Minitab is a statistical application package used by several departments in conjunction with their courses. For information on configuring and using Minitab please contact your instructor.
Create a shortcut to run Minitab
- Right-click the desktop
- Choose New, Shortcut, and in the command line field type: \\SRV-FS01\infotech\minitab\mtben1610mu.exe
- Click Next, choose an identifier for the shortcut, and click Finish. Map a drive to \\SRV-FS01\infotech\minitab\
- From the Program Manager group, choose File, New.
- Choose Program Group and click OK.
- Type in a descriptive name for the group (Minitab) and click OK.
- Choose File, New again.
- Choose Program Item and click OK.
- Type in a descriptive name for the item (Minitab) and click OK.
- In the command line field, type x:\mtbwin\minitab.exe where x is the drive letter chosen in step 1.
- Answer Yes, you want to continue even though the specified path points to a file that may not be available during later Windows sessions. Live dangerously.
- A new icon for Minitab in the group Minitab should now be created.