Without a login account, that hunk of metal sitting on your desk is useless for anything other than advanced paper-weighting. Just exactly how is your account created? Well, I’m glad you asked…
Before you do anything, you need to ensure that the necessary pre-processing has been done in our ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) software. Who should you contact?
- For new faculty members, you should contact Jo Anna Fryman in the Provost’ office.
- For new staff members, you should contact the Human Resources Department.
Create Your Account in the Portal
Once you’ve confirmed that you are ready for an account, it’s time to setup your account. With your G-Card handy, (you will need your ID Number):
- Point your web browser to the GC portal, https://my.georgetowncollege.edu
- On the left-hand side, select “Create Your Account”
- Follow the prompts to create your account. If you run into trouble, click the following link for more detailed instructions (Creating My Georgetown College Account)
What You Receive After Account Creation
Once your account is created, you receive the following things:
- User name (login name)
- Y: drive
- E-mail address
Your user name provides a single point of access to most on-campus systems, including:
- The Portal
- Sage (Moodle)
E-mail and Webmail
Accessing E-mail is slightly different. When accessing webmail or configuring your mobile devices, you use your full e-mail address for your username instead of your “short” username. For example, John Doe’s username is “jdoe”. However, he should login to webmail with his full e-mail address, “John_Doe@georgetowncollege.edu”. Sorry if this is confusing, but our webmail is hosted by a 3rd party provider and their username conventions are out of our control… At least it’s free!
After Your Account is Created
There will likely be some additional items that you need to request from ITS after your account has been created. These include:
- Desk Phone (Extension Number, Directory Information, Call Trees, etc.)
- Shared Departmental Drive Access (N: Drives)
- Additional Departmental Portal Permissions
For these items, please contact ITS directly at (502) 863-4357 and we can get you set up.
If you need G/L account access in the portal, please contact the Business Office directly.
The portal will currently only create accounts for first-time GC users. If you are a returning faculty/staff member, the portal will contact ITS to renew your account. Please contact ITS directly to obtain your renewed credentials.