Georgetown College has partnered with Cellhire to offer international students a budget-friendly, no-hassle cell phone solution. Cellhire offers cell phones and plans to students via purchase or rental. Click the logo to visit the Cellhire website.
Shopping for a Plan
If you choose not to utilize Cellhire you should keep the following mind when shopping for a cell phone and plan: coverage, monthly charges, minutes offered, required deposit, phone type, contract. The cellular (mobile) companies in Georgetown, KY are Sprint, Cricket, Verizon and AT&T; however, T-Mobile has locations in Lexington, KY. Please go to their respective websites for more information.
Things to remember
- You will have the opportunity to purchase and set up your cell phone during International Orientation
- Most Georgetown College student’s have a cell phone and frequently send text messages – your cell phone is the most common way to communicate with other students
- Data plans (internet on your cell phone) can be very expensive in the United States
- It is very expensive to use your U.S. cell phone in your home country
- You can sometimes use your cell phone from your home country in the U.S. – all you need to do is switch the SIM card
- Be sure to mention that you are an International Student at Georgetown College when purchasing a phone – companies sometime provide student discounts