The Office of International Student Services
The Georgetown College Office of International Student Services assists international students in setting up life in the US and supports international students on campus.
The office is located in the McCandless House on the edge of campus. Our facilities offer classroom/meeting space, a full-size kitchen and a student lounge. International students have 24/7 access (during the school year) to both the kitchen and student lounge.
The Office of International Student Services offers the following services:
- Airport pick up (Lexington, KY – LEX – only)
- International Student Lounge and community kitchen
- International Student Orientation
- Assistance in setting up a mobile phone and/or opening a bank account
- Assistance with various US government offices (Social Security, Driver’s License, etc.)
- Academic support: tutoring (both private and group), special class sections just for international students
- Academic advising
- Extensive English language support
- One-on-one immigration advising
- Assistance with other campus offices
- Various social/sight-seeing opportunities throughout the year
Georgetown College offers the following services to all students:
- Free on-campus housing over winter break (mid December – mid January)
- Note: Student must have a purpose for being on campus. International students are permitted to stay on campus during this time.
- Assistance with career and internship planning
- Free health clinic on campus during the academic year
- On-campus housing over summer break (mid May – mid August) for a fee