Congratulations on your acceptance to Georgetown College! We are excited to welcome you to be a part of the tradition of our historic, prestigious college. We look forward to including you in an academically-rigorous institution based on strong principles and character. On behalf of the students, faculty and staff of Georgetown College, welcome!
Please follow these steps to complete the enrollment process:
1) Complete the Application for Need-Based Aid
Complete and return┬áthis form so that we can determine if you are eligible for more aid (scholarship) money.
2) Receive and accept your final aid package
This will show the exact amount of scholarship money you will receive from Georgetown College. Once you accept your award package we can begin the immigration process.
3) Provide financial verification for US immigration purposes
You may still be asked to show proof of your finances. According to US immigration regulations you must have money enough currently available to pay at least your first year of expenses.
4) Pay the $1,000 deposit
This deposit reserves your spot at Georgetown College and officially makes you a GC Tiger!
5) Receive your I-20 via FedEx
Once you pay the deposit we will issue your I-20 (the immigration document you will need to get an F-1 visa). We will mail other important information to you along with your I-20.
6) Pay the SEVIS fee
Visit the SEVIS Fee website to pay your SEVIS fee.
7) Schedule your visa interview at the nearest US Embassy
8) Purchase your plane ticket to Georgetown!
Be sure to contact the Office of International Student Services about the correct dates for your ticket.
9) Receive information from the Office of International Student Services about class registration, housing and your arrival.