The following benefits are summarized in separate booklets and/or Summary Plan Descriptions (SPDs) available to all eligible employees:
- Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Life/ AD&D Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Workersâ€™ Compensation Insurance
- 403(b) Savings Plan and Supplemental Retirement Plans
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts
- Supplemental Employee Purchased Insurance
The following benefits are detailed in separate policies:
- Sick Pay
- Jury Duty
- Bereavement Leave
- Group Insurance Continuation at Termination (COBRA)
- Family Care and Medical Leave (FMLA)
- Tuition Wavier
- Tuition Exchange Consortium
Open Enrollment: An open enrollment for the medical, vision, dental and Section 125 plans is held annually, in November, to allow employees to switch plan options, or to add or delete coverage. Employees are not permitted to make such changes at other times during the year unless a change in family status occurs.
Legally Mandated Benefits
A number of benefits are mandated and cover all employees in the manner prescribed by law. These include:
- Social Security
- Workers’ Compensation
- Unemployment Insurance
The President of the College may, at his discretion, declare a certain number of paid College designated holidays each year. Because there is no obligation to declare any such holiday, no minimum or maximum number of days is stated. The College currently observes the following holidays:
- New Yearâ€™s Day
- Martin Luther Kingâ€™s Birthday
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day
- Three working days for immediate family member.
- Expanded list to include: Spouse; Parent/Stepparent; Child/Stepchild; Brother/Sister; Parent-in-law; Son/Daughter-in-law; Grandchild; Grandparent; Step-brother/Sister; a person who has acted as the employeeâ€™s legal guardian; and a person who has taken the place of a parent.
- One working day for: Aunt/Uncle; Brother/Sister-in-law; Niece/Nephew; Grandparents-in-law
- Extenuating circumstances: an employee may request a maximum of 5 consecutive workdays with the approval of the department Vice President.
403(b) Retirement Plan
- Employees are eligible upon hire
- 50% vested after 2 years; 100% vested after 3 years
- 2% minimum employee contribution
- Maximum IRS allowable annual employee contribution
- 4% College match of employee 2% contribution
- Pre-tax basis
403(b) Supplemental Retirement Plan
- Eligible immediately
- 100% employee contribution
- 0% College match of employee contribution
- Pre-tax basis
- Maximum accrual equals 1040 hours (26 weeks)
- Coverage: An employee’s own illness; an employeeâ€™s medical or dental appointment; to care for an employee’s sick child, spouse, or parent (including medical or dental appointments), or any condition as described in Family Care and Medical Leave.
- May take sick leave in no less than two-hour increments.
- Required to provide a doctor’s written verification of illness/injury if absent three (3) or more consecutive workdays.
- Hourly Accrual: 2-3 weeks per year depending upon longevity; Salary Accrual: 3-4 weeks per year depending upon longevity.
- Employees have no entitlement until the 90-day new employee introductory period is successfully completed; accrued retroactively and available the first of the month following the completion of the 90-day period.
- Maximum accrual equals one times the annual allotment.
- Special Circumstances: an employee, with the approval of the Executive Cabinet, may bank accrued vacation for up to an additional six months and continue accruing leave.
- Unused vacation leave shall not be paid as extra pay for any reason other than terminal vacation pay, unless authorized by the Executive Cabinet.
- Hourly Accrual: After the completion of five years through ten (continuous employment) an additional eight (8)-hours per year is accumulated (e.g.: 6th year 88 hrs; 7th year = 96 hrs; 8th year = 104 hrs, etc).
- Salary Accrual: 3-5 weeks per year depending upon longevity and position.
- Eligible after 30 calendar days
- 100% funded by Georgetown College
- Medical evidence required
- 60% of weekly pay to maximumÂ benefit per month